Western restaurants in Hualien?

Well, please contact @Marco about it! He’s the mod here.

1 Like

Ifthats the case, there is a good thai spot near dos tacos/Africa. the more local one a couple doors down, not the one kitty corner to dos tacos.

We liked that one! A-One

The one on the corner? I havent been before, but it did look pretty good from the window :drooling_face: only been to the one a couple doors down, walking away from the Africa shop direction, same side of the road.

1 Like

Yep! The owner/cook lived in Thailand for a stretch if I remember right, nice guy.

1 Like

Guess we should put it on the list then. everytime we walked in, it was full. so reservation should be made I guess. probably a good sign.

1 Like

Finally went here. It’s now very difficult to make reservations, but finally got one. It was very good. Here are some of the dishes we had. It’s now 1800 nt for adults, 600 nt for children under 12.

2 Likes

Lots of fancy courses. In your opinion, did the overall taste and experience justify the price?

Guy

1 Like

It was worth it for us because we wanted something special and also because we make it a point to try all the good restaurants in Hualien.

For many wanting something Western while in Hualien, I can see how Salt Lick would be preferred. It’s much cheaper, and very satisfying and filling.

3 Likes

What’s that on top?

Which dish? There was some brown rice powder on the cake. There was some fudge filling. It was very good.

I ate there in 2020. It was pretty good and I’m not much of a bbq pulled pork fan.

1 Like

The first picture.

1 Like

Something like a beef wellington. Roast beef inside a bread crust. Some mushrooms and other things baked together with the beef. That was the best dish for me.

2 Likes

Went again last weekend. It was good and definitely worth going. But I would say a bit expensive for what you get. I’ll probably go every 6 months or so during one of my many visits to Hualien.

4 Likes

121 American Sushi. California style sushi. Very good and worth a visit if you are in town. About 500 nt per person to get very full.

4 Likes

Thanks for that sugfestion! The Indian a like places we have tried in hualien have often been not very good or very good but unsanitary. Looks like a great best of both worlds :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just arrived Hualien. Salt Lick or Dos Taco are usually some my first 2 stops.

1 Like

Is the African joint across from dos taco still running? We really liked that place, been a few years.

1 Like

No. They closed during covid. Ivory Coast food and music at night. Nice owner too.

2 Likes