What apps save you the most time in TW?

What apps do you find most useful in Taiwan?

I’ll start:

• Pleco
  • Bus Taipei
  • FoodPanda/Uber Eats
6 Likes

google map

9 Likes

I was trying to think of other apps I use a lot that are specifically for life in Taiwan, and yeah, this is the one that I kept thinking of.

I used to like the Ubike app, but the iOS version I’ve got (maybe Canada app store?) no longer shows stations on the map, making it useless. I used to struggle with different bus apps but then realized Google Maps was usually a better way to get information.

Like others, I rely on Google Maps, Pleco, YouBike, and Line. I also find these useful here…

• FindTaxi and 55688 (Both for taxis)
  • 台鐵e訂通 (Taiwan Railways e-booking)
  • i統一發票 (Check lottery receipts)
3 Likes

Wow, totally useless. The Android app still works well, thank goodness.

1 Like

PXMart app. Saves me from fumbling with cash.

3 Likes

Oh yes, I use that one a lot. Do other chains have anything similar? I’ve never investigated at other shops, because I could always use credit cards at other places, but not at PX Mart.

Yes, other chains like Carrefour have their own apps. Also, it depends on your credit card company if you try to use one at PXMart.

2 Likes

Have you tried Line?

1 Like

Surprised nobody has mentioned Tinder.

1 Like

I think most of us here are married with kids, lol.

You can also just use your easy card at PxMart

There are apps for everyone…
https://www.ashleymadison.com/en-tw/

1 Like
1 Like

can you use it at pxmart?

1 Like

Might not be necessary? When I went to PX Mart yesterday, some of the other customers got just as close to me as the average Tinder date. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

Uber and foodpanda

2 Likes

Google maps is great for restaurants and stuff.
Goshare
pleco

1 Like

You can use the EasyCard on your credit card I thought.

2 Likes

Could be. But I’ve got a weird accountancy mutant gene that prefers I only use EasyCard for the MRT. I don’t have an EasyCard on any of my credit cards anyway.

Does that really have benefits? I’m seldom on the MRT, and my EasyCard is also my work ID card.

2 Likes