What are people in Taiwan's opinions about hypnosis?

What are Taiwanese people AND foreigners in Taiwan’s opinions on Hypnosis?

Would you see a hypnotherapist if you needed to? Maybe for past life regression, quit smoking, weight loss, eliminate snoring, increasing confidence and self-esteem…other emotional issues…etc.? If yes, what would you see them for?

I don’t think many people know what it is or care for that matter.

I think hypnosis is good for sending people into a daze and getting them to do silly things they wouldn’t normally do.
For example chewing slugs, robbing a bank for me, agreeing to lend me their car, posting on Forumosa - you know, stupid stuff.

Is it possible to hypnotise a hypnotist or for a hypnotist to hypnotise a hippopotomas? We may never know.

Maybe Jessccw will give us the answer through online meditation.

[quote=“jessccw”]What are Taiwanese people AND foreigners in Taiwan’s opinions on Hypnosis?

Would you see a hypnotherapist if you needed to? Maybe for past life regression, quit smoking, weight loss, eliminate snoring, increasing confidence and self-esteem…other emotional issues…etc.? If yes, what would you see them for?[/quote]
Get in touch with this guy. He’s the local/foreign authority on the topic. :sunglasses: He posts on forumosa, too - as meiguolangren…

I think they can’t care about it because they are all under hypnosis already.

[quote=“jessccw”]What are Taiwanese people AND foreigners in Taiwan’s opinions on Hypnosis?

Would you see a hypnotherapist if you needed to? Maybe for past life regression, quit smoking, weight loss, eliminate snoring, increasing confidence and self-esteem…other emotional issues…etc.? If yes, what would you see them for?[/quote]

Don’t have an opinion…

No.

No.

I wouldn’t see one for anything.

I hear it is also useful for date rape.

Sadly that would have to generate some local interest given the popularity of “FM2” (rohypnol). Freaky!

HG

Just “hear,” eh?

There is a famous fellow in Tapei who claims to heal people by looking into their previous lives through hypnosis. I can’t remember his name but people know him all the way down in Kaohsiung. For example, he cured a man from chronic shoulder pain when he found out that in a previous life, the man was a soldier who died from being stabbed in that same shoulder. The man never had that pain again after being treated by this guy. Many other stories like that…

Weird, my wife’s boss recommended that she should see him for her migraine headaches. :idunno: He is expensive and booked solid for months at the time.

bobepine

Hypnosis is very convenient if you want people to act like chickens.

Durins-Bane - That’s stage hypnosis.

Dangermouse- Yes it is possible to hypnotize another hypnotist, IF the hypnotist wants to be hypnotized, just like for other people, they’re only hypnotized if they want to be. Therefore, it’s hard to make them rob a bank if they REALLY didn’t want to. Or hypnotists would have all the money in the world. As for hypnotizing a hippopotamus, I know there is animal hypnosis and cats and dogs have been hypnotized before, but I haven’t heard anything about a hippopotomas yet.

Maoman, thanks for the info.

ac_dropout- Date rape- How would you think it would help for date rape?

Bobepine- Are you talking about a Chinese doctor with the last name Chan? I think I have heard of him too, I’ve also been reading his book. If we’re talking about the same perosn. That’s an interesting case you mentioned. I read and saw some interesting cases myself, in book and in person. Hypnosis can work brilliantly with migraine headaches. But make sure it’s not a physical condition, has your wife seen the doctor yet? There can be many reasons for migraine headaches, such as sitting in wrong positions and straining the muscles, or feeling very stressed, so make sure there’s no medical cause for that too, just to be sure. And if after seeing the doctor, it still dosen’t help. Maybe your wife can see a hypnotherapist after. Sometimes it might not be the cause of a past life issue, but maybe something in present life, but that’s for your wife to find out during a hypnotherapy session. If the reason cannot be found in past lives, hypnotherapists go back to past lives to see if the cause is there and work on it. Those are just some suggestions. Best of luck!!

[quote=“bobepine”]There is a famous fellow in Tapei who claims to heal people by looking into their previous lives through hypnosis. I can’t remember his name but people know him all the way down in Kaohsiung. For example, he cured a man from chronic shoulder pain when he found out that in a previous life, the man was a soldier who died from being stabbed in that same shoulder. The man never had that pain again after being treated by this guy. Many other stories like that…

Weird, my wife’s boss recommended that she should see him for her migraine headaches. :idunno: He is expensive and booked solid for months at the time.

bobepine[/quote]

Bobepine- Are you talking about a Chinese doctor with the last name Chan? I think I have heard of him too, I’ve also been reading his book. If we’re talking about the same perosn. That’s an interesting case you mentioned. I read and saw some interesting cases myself, in book and in person. Hypnosis can work brilliantly with migraine headaches. But make sure it’s not a physical condition, has your wife seen the doctor yet? There can be many reasons for migraine headaches, such as sitting in wrong positions and straining the muscles, or feeling very stressed, so make sure there’s no medical cause for that too, just to be sure. And if after seeing the doctor, it still dosen’t help. Maybe your wife can see a hypnotherapist after. Sometimes it might not be the cause of a past life issue, but maybe something in present life, but that’s for your wife to find out during a hypnotherapy session. If the reason cannot be found in past lives, hypnotherapists go back to past lives to see if the cause is there and work on it. Those are just some suggestions. Best of luck!!

[quote=“jessccw”]
Bobepine- Are you talking about a Chinese doctor with the last name Chan?[/quote]That’s truly a funny question. I asked my wife and she doesn’t remember his name either but you do realise that probably a third of all doctors names are likely to be Chan in this country. :wink: [quote] I think I have heard of him too, I’ve also been reading his book. If we’re talking about the same perosn. That’s an interesting case you mentioned. I read and saw some interesting cases myself, in book and in person. [/quote]I find it quite interesting too. It’s like a big tap into the “unexplained”. [quote]If the reason cannot be found in past lives, hypnotherapists go back to past lives to see if the cause is there and work on it.[/quote]Surely there’s a typo in there somewhere. :wink:(I know you mean present and past)

I think hypnosis would be worth a try for migraine sufferers. Like I told my wife, it wouldn’t hurt.

bobepine

[quote=“bobepine”][quote=“jessccw”]
Bobepine- Are you talking about a Chinese doctor with the last name Chan?[/quote]That’s truly a funny question. I asked my wife and she doesn’t remember his name either but you do realise that probably a third of all doctors names are likely to be Chan in this country. :wink: [quote] I think I have heard of him too, I’ve also been reading his book. If we’re talking about the same perosn. That’s an interesting case you mentioned. I read and saw some interesting cases myself, in book and in person. [/quote]I find it quite interesting too. It’s like a big tap into the “unexplained”. [quote]If the reason cannot be found in past lives, hypnotherapists go back to past lives to see if the cause is there and work on it.[/quote]Surely there’s a typo in there somewhere. :wink:(I know you mean present and past)

I think hypnosis would be worth a try for migraine sufferers. Like I told my wife, it wouldn’t hurt.

bobepine[/quote]

Yes, I heard of a very famous one called “Chen Sheng Ying” anyway…yes, there was a typo, haha. I’m glad you knew what I meant.

If you do see a doctor, maybe the “unexplained” can become “explained”, although mysterious.

I hope the migraine headaches leave your wife soon!

Can you hypnotise someone into falling out of love?

Hypnosis can help people mend a broken heart and move on from their previous relationships.

Hope that helps.

Hypnosis can help people mend a broken heart and move on from their previous relationships.

Hope that helps.[/quote]

Sounds like something I need… :frowning:

With ya there, brother.

Can you hypnotise someone into having the ability to look at their relationship rationally enough to know whether to kill him or marry him?

[quote=“SuchAFob”]With ya there, brother.

Can you hypnotise someone into having the ability to look at their relationship rationally enough to know whether to kill him or marry him?[/quote]

Hehe…actually, it’s “sister”.

Well you can help a confused person figure out what they really want by getting connected with their inner advisor, which means getting to know what the true self really wants when it’s hard to make a decision or if they’re confused. So that they can make the decision more clearly.

Hope that helps!