What are some low stress fun part time jobs where you can socialize?

I just tried and being a citizen is a requirement, foreigners not allowed to hold a taxi permit

I like the idea of getting a government job. I’ll have to do more research on what foreigners are allowed to work on. There’s a garbage recycling center near nan-Liao beach that looks like a nice place to work at.

Edit: here’s a link: Hsinchu Coastal Low-Carbon Center for Environmental Education
03 536 8920
https://maps.app.goo.gl/NJ5a1cQ3tmQ2x8bF7?g_st=ic

1 Like

Even permanent residents? That is surprising.

I wouldn’t mind working at somewhere like ikea. Lots of different age groups. Busy, but customers are normally relaxed.

6 Likes

APRC not allowed to drive for Uber either

https://www.uber.com/tw/en/drive/requirements/

Perhaps if I managed to get a taxi permit, I might be allowed to drive for Uber, so I’ll check up on that next. However when I tried to sign up to drive for Uber, they asked me to upload my citizen ID.

1 Like

Gigolo. You just get laid back.

Yes, it’s in their website.

How so? Lot’s of foreigners like Icon and others post on here about their working in government jobs. Just like those FET school teachers are in government jobs.

What are you talking about?

Because they’re teachers. They hire foreigners to teach at a public school because some subjects favor foreigners, such as teaching English classes.

There’s absolutely no reason to hire foreigners as garbage collectors or working at household registration office, post office, tax office, police officers, soldiers (except for military advisors) etc… It’s already insanely difficult for a Taiwanese to get a government job.

Well except for soldiers, if you naturalize then you’re required to be a soldier for a time.

Project manager of a wind turbine manufacturer.
There are three that has business in Taiwan.
V3stas
Si3m3ns Gam3sa
3n3rcon

Project manager of a wind energy developer.
There are several in Taiwan.
Orst3d
J3RA
RW3
Synnera R3n3wables
Skyb0rn R3n3wables
C0ri0
N0rthland P0wer
C0P
Ta1ya R3n3wables
Ib3rdrola

Are you giving password suggestions or do you need a new keyboard?

5 Likes

:joy:

1 Like

I meant to write get paid.

Though getting laid would be an interesting employee benefit…

5 Likes

It doesn’t like OP cares about getting paid as he’s basically got all his needs covered, he just needs social interaction.

I suggest YWAM or other missionary organization. They don’t pay you (in fact you gotta pay staff fees and other stuff) but there’s loads of opportunities to get to know people. Only works if you are Christian but I’m sure there are other charitable organizations that are nonreligious.

3 Likes

Are there laws in place in Taiwan that regulate “work” for “work” transactions where no monetay activity is involved?

I was going to suggest volunteering at one of the many temples. You may not get paid (in this life, but perhaps the next), but depending on your Mandarin and Taiwanese abilities… the possibilities are endless.

Really? Thousands of people have naturalized without ever being required to do military service. Or did you mean only
men under 36 years of age?

Yea, under 36 years of age.

no disrespect to government employees, but from my (limited) interaction withvthem, they are far from being these superior beings you describe. if these tests are so hard, we should have a much better government.

2 Likes

I don’t know then…

But you have to realize there’s a reason why government jobs in Taiwan is called “iron rice bowl”. You absolutely can’t be fired unless you straight up do something illegal. When you can’t be fired, what reason is there to work hard? Sure the test and entrance requirement is extremely difficult but once you got in you’re basically automatically tenured.

So when there’s no incentive to work hard, they won’t.

1 Like

Twitch streaming?
Only fans?