What are the Government Quarantine Facilities like?

Well what you described sounded more like a prison. Maybe you shouldn’t talk about people who merely returned from overseas as if they were criminals?

19 posts were merged into an existing topic: From coronavirus

To me that is a basic cultural difference between west and east.
People here hardly question government decisions and oppose them.
In an interview Minister Chen stated that he expects that Taiwan will overcome Covid by next spring, but he does not know about the rest of the world.
So I wound not expect any changes in government regulations before that.

If they break hotel security systems and slick away like thieves in the night, what other word would you apply?

Again, they know the deal. They agreed to stay in. They do not know if they carry the bug or not. By going out, they endanger anyone they encounter. It is not just a matter of protocol. With new variants, it can be a bigger deal.

2 Likes

I think that people can both understand the rationale for this new regulation, and express frustration at the same time. I for one cannot justify spending an entire month’s salary (or more) on a quarantine hotel, so now my immediate professional future has kind of been thrown into disarray over night. and some might say, well you shouldn’t have traveled, but realistically covid19 is not going away, and people need to see their families. but that is not to say that I don’t understand the need for the government to implement new restrictions. it’s covid19 that I think most of us are mad at, not Taiwan.

7 Likes

There is another thread in here about quarantine and one of the members just posted this. Have you guys heard anything about it ?

I just asked the MP. He said you can still quarantine at home if you sign an affidavit saying you meet the requirements for home quarantine

https://hdhq.mohw.gov.tw/Default1?openExternalBrowser=1

1 Like

That’s an old form, which used to be correct??? I don’t think it applies with the new updated rules.

1 Like

Actually, I don’t see it. They fucked up, and didn’t get serious about procuring vaccines, and now they are adding rules to show they are taking care of business. It’s all political theater. As a vaccinated person, if I take a pcr test before I board a flight, quarantine 14 days in my own apartment, and take another pcr test to exit quarantine, there’s no way in hell I could possibly infect anyone in Taiwan.

at least it is still applied now. The new rule is from June 27.

1 Like

Got excited too early :cry:

1 Like

This changes everything.

From the link “ In addition to present the COVID-19 PCR test report, passengers must also provide proof of the place of quarantine after returning to Taiwan (in principle, the place shall be a quarantine hotel or government quarantine facility; those who choose to undergo quarantine at home shall fill an online affidavit form to declare they have met the requirement of one person per room)”

Let’s see if it will be changed tomorrow

1 Like

Well, I’m arriving at 5am on the 27th… expecting the worst, but hoping for some good news

1 Like

No problem, let me know if you have any other questions. I suspect the rules might be changed within a few months, especially for people who’ve been fully vaccinated. But I wouldn’t worry too much about the quality of the government facility rooms, mine was perfectly acceptable. Although, it’s possible I just got lucky I suppose.

1 Like

Good luck!
I am leaving Taiwan next week and coming back mid August. Hope home quarantine will be back by then.

Some pics of the room I had, and the view from the window

4 Likes

And the food

3 Likes

I hope the wifi was good!

1 Like

That looks pretty decent. Much better than expected!

Actually that’s a very good question. Lots of people would probably have to do work from “home” (or do distance-teaching!) in these facilities. How was the wifi?

More room for aerobics exercises than my current apartment manages, anyway.

If one cannot afford a hotel are these facilities an option to everybody?

One thing I don’t understand is the lack of exercise offered. Why not have a time to allow people to go out if there is a clear area that would allow it. Especially with families its almost cruel keeping children inside for 2 weeks.