What are you doing for Chinese New Year?

Anyone know of Din Tai Fung will be less of a clusterf*ck during CNY or worse? Been here for almost two years and still haven’t gone :confused:

You’ve got to go during kind of off hours if you don’t want to wait so long. You get in pretty quickly if you go at 3-4pm. Otherwise, waiting is just part of the experience.

1 Like

You can go to the one in Banqiao. The queue is pretty short on weekdays.

1 Like

You still haven’t figured it out?

2 Likes

My mate and I have decided to go to Tuga for a long lunch (assuming it’s open) then On Tap to watch the England SA 4th test. The establishments are close which minimises the risk of injury en route.

Oh wow that place looks awesome

It’s really nice. I particularly like the wine list. The wines are stacked along the walls and you walk around and choose one.

Kind of , but he didn’t want to reveal so I will leave it :+1:

By angry fans ?

Alcohol related injuries, although my fans can get a bit boisterous at times.

1 Like

*She

And aren’t all countries in that region more or less the same :joy:

1 Like

Not sure yet, at least not on the details. But it looks like shorts and a t shirt will be possible this year.

Whose a “she” ?
As for the second part ummm ok "kind of " :thinking:

It’s who’s, not whose.

1 Like

I know it is a typo

Always go back to our home country. No other option.

Driving from Taitung to Jia Yi to Nantou and then back to Kaohsiung. Might go up to Taipei at the very end of the vacation.

You mean, sitting in a car, right?

I don’t plan on leaving Taipei during CNY. The traffic I encountered during election day was absolutely horrifying and I can only imagine how much worse it will be during the holidays.

Yeah, driving. I’ll be driving from Taitung to Jia Yi and Nantou slightly before the holiday starts, but the Nantou to Kaohsiung bit will be on Chinese New Year’s Eve. It should be alright. I plan on taking back roads and I won’t be in a hurry. The place I’m going in Kaohsiung is far north of downtown, almost to Tainan.

I’m sure other posters have ranted about this before, but the Taiwanese really need to end this tradition of going to both in-laws. People don’t live in the same village anymore. Do alternate years instead.

It’s nuts. It’s terrible for the environment, wastes people’s time stuck in traffic, and makes for a really miserable experience.

1 Like