What are you listening to? (Part 2)

[quote=“curlyclaire”][quote=“kolibri”]royksopp - the understanding

does anybody have a chance to see/ buy their 1st album (melody AM) here?[/quote]

I’m pretty sure Rose or definitely Eslite would have it. I wasn’t too sure about The Understanding at first but it’s growing on me. I can’t wait to get a copy of the new Goldfrapp album.[/quote]

Ah shit, I was about to post about how I am listening to Black Cherry which I finally was able to rip with Windows Media Player. Definitely looking forward to hearing more from them. I’m trying to get a hold of any album by Bob Schneider without having to go online to order it. Amazing artist.

Also L’Affaire Louis Trio’s Mobilis in Mobile, but that’s because those bastards at FNAC have stopped carrying most of their decent, but relatively internationally unknown French artists and instead have multiple copies of Johnny Halliday, Francis Cabrel, Celine Dion, Edith Piaf, Maurice Chevalier, and stupid accordion music collections. Pisses me off. They had L’Affaire’s latest album, but it was so freaking expensive I waited until it became affordable and before it did, they started pulling the less commercial stuff off the shelf and replaced it with their current stock.

np: it’s all gone pete tong - ost :sunglasses: :thumbsup:

I’m listening to Tunnel of Love by Bruce. Specifically? Valentine’s Day.

They say if you die in your dreams you really die in your bed
But honey last night I dreamed my eyes rolled straight back in my head
And God’s light came shinin’ on through
I woke up in the darkness scared and breathin’ and born anew
It wasn’t the cold river bottom I felt rushing over me
It wasn’t the bitterness of a dream that didn’t come true
It wasn’t the wind in the grey fields I felt rushing through my arms
No no baby it was you
So hold me close honey say you’re forever mine
And tell me you’ll be my lonely valentine

Any good French artist recommendations? :slight_smile: The newest thing I’m listening to is Calogero Live 1.0.

The artists I like are mostly known.

Axelle Red
Bruno Pelletier
Carla Bruni
Charles Aznavour
Claude Dubois
Corneille
Edith Piaf
Eric Lapointe
Francis Cabrel
Isabelle Boulay
Jacques Brel
Joe Dassin
Les Nubians
Louis Bertignac - I like a few songs
Yves Montand

Raymond Devos and Fellag are great comedians.

the first (and only???) album from Beijing punks THE NEW PANTS

It only took me nearly 8 years (and several trips to China) to find it…
:blush:

Any good French artist recommendations? :slight_smile: The newest thing I’m listening to is Calogero Live 1.0.

The artists I like are mostly known.

Axelle Red
Bruno Pelletier
Carla Bruni
Charles Aznavour
Claude Dubois
Corneille
Edith Piaf
Eric Lapointe
Francis Cabrel
Isabelle Boulay
Jacques Brel
Joe Dassin
Les Nubians
Louis Bertignac - I like a few songs
Yves Montand

Raymond Devos and Fellag are great comedians.[/quote]

Zap Mama, Zebda, Arielle Dombasle, Benjamin Biolay, and Coralie Clement are a few artists I like. And Serge Gainsbourg is a classic.

Francis Cabrel is okay, but I actually only like Presque Rien. He’s a bit too wussy for me and his songs come off sounding sort of whiny. He plays guitar and he plays songs that sound like they’d rock if done by someone with more passion (or perhaps less passion and more aggression), but instead just wimp out. Only Presque Rien (from Hors-Saison, produced in 1999, which I bought only for that song) actually works with his wussy passion and guitar playing ways. Seriously yo. Just listen to Hellnep Street if you don’t believe me.

ya. I only like a few of his songs. Too bad I left my copy of Hors Saison back in California. I’ll have to check out the other artists. iTunes France is great for sampling. I wish there was more French on iTunes US.

Gainsbourg is great. I started out with Comic Strip. I haven’t had a chance to check out everything else.

Been listening other classics like the Beatles and Harrison’s All Things Must Pass.

I’m sitting here listening to [i]Rainy Night In Soho[/i] by The Pogues. Classic.

I feel so uncultured as I don’t know 83% of the songs/artists you guys are talking about. I’m listening to Keith Sweat. :smiley:

Currently splitting my time between:
TISM - De Rigeurmortis
Chthonic - Seediqbale
Johnny Cash - The Man Comes Around
Dr. Dre - 2001
Machine Gun Fellatio - Paging Mr. Strike

So how’s the new Chthonic cd…I’m not such a big fan of the music. In terms of Taiwanese bands I tend more towards the Hindsight 20/20 and Infernal Chaos side of things. Looking forward to tomorrow night’s metal show, though!
Right now…listening to Joy Division’s Atmosphere on repeat. Gorgeous. Makes me scream.

:slight_smile: I just found out the other day he has a greatest hits? I’m gonna have that. twisted! :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=“twonavels”]So how’s the new Chthonic cd…I’m not such a big fan of the music. [/quote]It’s not bad. It’s not my thing, and the tracks sound pretty samey to me, but they’re well made and performed. It’ll probably stay as the sort of thing I’ll occasionally have in the background but not actually actively listen to.

big plug for the new sigur ros…takk…better than the debut…epic, ineffable and other similar adjectives.

saw them last month at fuji rock, absolutely unbelievable…

the beetlejuice song
both the orginal and the stain cover.

constantly listening to The Black Keys…

live DVD coming out Oct 4th.

check em out people, they are incredible

“The Reason” by Hoobastank. One of the many songs that ease my mood after a looooooong day of working with juvenile offenders.

has anyone heard the new blackalicious cd yet? I can’t seem to find it here.
-e

It was just released in the US yesterday. The only way anyone would have it in Taiwan yet is if they Fedexed it over. Amazon has shipped mine out but I won’t get it until next week sometime.

Also mark your calendars: Next Tuesday is the release of Fiona Apple’s new album Extraordinary Machine.

At the Drive-In. It’s the very first time I’ve heard them. Soon I’ll figure out what emo is.