What are you watching (TV) 2019

Also, I think Tench’s wife has contracted Skylar White syndrome.

She’s annoying AF. But I don’t think that’s necessarily the character or the actor’s fault.

1 Like

Skylar White (and Anna Gunn) got a raw deal. I don’t think she deserved all the hate she got.

It’s weird they’re setting up BTK so much, since he actually wasn’t caught irl until 2005 (or thereabouts). So there’s no way Ford and Tench can ever catch or interview him.

I like Carr and I appreciate her storyline, since it shows how tough things were for LGBTQ people as recently as the 70s (just finished the episode with her at the party trying to evade that sleaze Warren), but I’d be lying if I said I didn’t find her storyline with the bartender a bit … dull. That doesn’t mean I think it’s bad like Tench’s subplot, but the romantic side of these characters is just not what I’m watching Mindhunter for. That said, I’m only halfway through. So I’ll be keeping an eye on how that one resolves.

Well, I think that’s their way of stacking yet another layer of pressure on Netflix so that they must renew them.

It’s funny you said that. I found Ford’s scenes with the gf last season so boring. Maybe it’s also Ford’s personality. I would love to see Tench find love again, though. Maybe next season is to find a workable relationship with his wife so he can see his son again. Poor man deserves a break!

Holt McCallany also deserves a special mention in how great he is in that role though. Especially Tench’s scenes with his son (the ice cream shop comes to mind), his confession scenes with Carr (and how they’ve somehow become Ford’s handler this season), and then just the way he broke some major information to Ford later on. Good stuff.

I mean we began in the 70s in season one and in the 80s now in s2, so there’s no reason we won’t see BTK get caught, if the writers wanted to show it.

Ford could still be active in 2005, but definitely not Tench. But you’re right, they could do it as a last season thing if they wanted I suppose. They’d need a lot of convincing old age make-up.

They’ll probably call up the True Detective team

1 Like

PS. Now that you bring it up— How old is Tench anyway? They caught Wayne Williams in ‘81…

He def was too young for Korea but probably served in ‘Nam…

In season 1, Tench said he was 45 or so. The actor who plays him is in his 50s.

He reminds me of dad. Real working class, honest, would sneak you sips of beer during bbq when mom’s not looking…

1 Like

Poooooooosibly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3wPWCj2L6I

Just started. Like so far.

Still in season 1. Definitely a few odd plot elements. It seems like they said “let’s make a cop show that’s also a soap opera, but not too much, and add a bunch of psychological parallels between their work and life”

1 Like

If you think this element is obvious (bad?) in season 1, wait until the clumsy and heavy handed allusions and comparisons made between the drama with Tench’s son and what Manson says during his interrogation in season 2. No subtlety at all. Like I said, I still like it, but it definitely has its issues and flaws.

The best part has been Holden Ford’s character development.

But the second season seems to focus way more on Tench and Carr than Holden.

I like Tench, so we’ll see. I’m still watching it at the end of Season one, so that says something. But it’s really the serial killer aspect that’s carrying it.

A little Led Zep here, I like it

I’m started Haunting on hill house. It looks good in 4K streaming.

Let us know what you think of the very end of episode 1.

And keep an eye out for the ghosts. In 4K I bet they are pretty cool.

I enjoyed it overall. Going into the 2nd. I saw maybe 2 ghost. I tired to look but some I’m not sure if it’s nothing or meant to be a ghost.

The innocent kids saying they saw ghosts are not that scary though if you know what I mean.

I wouldn’t spend a lot of time on the ghosts, most of them are very fleeting and hard to identify imo.

I know a lot of people get on their high horse about jump scares, but I love them. I like them better if they’re done well, sure. The jump scare at the end of episode 1 gave me real goose bumps on the back of my neck. I loved it.

Anyway, have fun. It’s a really good show, I think. Biggest problem is that real scares take a back seat to a pretty bizarre family story.

Yeah, I enjoy it too. It’s rare for it to happen to me these days.

Yeah, I get confused with so many siblings in the beginning. I want to know more about the house and what happened!