What are you watching (TV) 2019

OK things are picking up in E2. Funny shit

1 Like

@Icon you probably know this - Supernatural is ending next season.

Yep. They have been trying to let us go softly but most are still in shock. Next year’s convention is going to be crazy.

FB_IMG_1553357222796

What annoys me the most is that after so many years CW passed on two spin offs of this show. On the other hand, every single spin off of Vampire Diaries were greenlighted.

1 Like

Indeed. Wayward Sisters would have done well. But given the CW has messed up most recent DC shows, I am not surprised. They are closing down Arrow at the same time.

1 Like

After Life. It’s a very good show.
Ricky brings his well known views on God and ‘offessiveness’ into a new format show. Something different, creative, challenging.

Watch the part where he orders two kids meals and he’s told her can’t eat it because he’s an adult. :rofl:
Laughing out loud …Compare it to the American ‘comedy specials’ and the never ending ‘true crimes’ series where they make money off horrific killings…Cringe.

For instance watch the Tennessee kid comedy special. Then watch Ricky Gervais special…

In a hackneyed American network sitcom, he would try to sneak the food into his pants or something and hijinks and wacky explanations would ensue when it spills out of his pockets on the way out of the restaurant to the chorus of a grating laugh-track.

That said, there are GOOD American sitcoms just as deliciously dark as ‘After Life.’ I’m currently watching ‘Vice Principals’ and it’s great.

Ooh, Danny McBride. Will look for it

1 Like

It’s great. He’s also the co-creator. One thing I should mention is I found it on iTunes, not NetFlix.

1 Like

Aterrados, an Argentinian horror movie directed by Demian Rugna, 2017. In Spanish with English subtitles. On Netflix now.

Best horror movie I’ve seen on Netflix in a long time. It’s about a paranormal investigation that takes place in a Buenos Aires neighborhood. It’s scripted, not found-footage. Three acts in 87 minutes.

The third act is bonkers. Way bonkers. Very creative, lots of great jump scares. Not much plot, but the third act really makes up for it.

If you can manage to set aside the silliness inherent in all horror movies, and just take it for what it is then it is very good. If you’re really affected by movie scares, you should probably not watch this alone.

I give it 4/5 - which is pretty darn good for a movie on Netflix these days.

1 Like

I just watched the first episode of the new Twilight Zone. It was great! Everything you’d want from a Twilight Zone episode. Very much in the spirit of the original but in a brand-spanking-new package. Now I’m hyped for this new season.

It’s on CBS all access in the US; may end up on Netflix here eventually like Star Trek: Discovery

Don’t know about this CBS Access. I’ll wait to see if it pops up on Netflix. I like Peele, but I have a hard time seeing anyone fill Rod Serling’s shoes.

I’m skeptical, especially after watching Peele’s Get Out, a grossly overrated movie imo.

I loved Key & Peele, but by all indications Jordan Peele has put race front and center in his subsequent work.

I will probably watch some episodes, especially those where I can avoid what are sure to be lectures on race relations in the US.

Several good tv series and movies in Spanish on Netflix, teh most notorious of course The Money Heist

Couple of good movies include Contratiempo (the Invisible Guest) and Durante la tormenta (Mirage)

Don’t know if anyone watches anime around here, but I’m watching the second season of Mob Psycho. Great so far. I loved the first season and ONE has yet to disappoint me in anything he does, so I have high hopes. I think One Punch Man also has another season out, need to watch that too.

I also watched Ping Pong recently. I don’t typically watch sports anime, but that one is super enjoyable. And the drawing style is great.

As far as animes go, I watched ‘Black Lagoon’ last year and loved it.

I also saw ‘Attack on Titan’ a couple years ago, and thought it was okay but fairly overrated taking into account all the hype it gets.

As far as sports anime, I haven’t seen any. There’s some basketball themed anime on Netflix that’s pretty famous, but I forget the name.

Second episode of the new Twilight Zone was better than the first, I thought. I really hope they do bring it to Netflix here soon because it deserves to be seen. I find it interesting who they’re choosing to put in this series. It seems to be largely TV sitcom comedians, people of that vein. It works… so far.

Russian Doll on Netflix was pretty cool. Very trippy. Though the general premise has been done before, they definitely have a new take on it.

Doom Patrol on the DC Universe service is worth a watch. The service can be used in Taiwan with a VPN (no special tricks to sign up, and there’s a free trial).

Yes, that was a fun one. Is it just me, or does Natasha Lyonne look like a Dr. Seuss character?

Ha, I didn’t think it at the time but yeah, you nailed it. It took me the whole first episode just to figure out who she was.