What are your best cocktails?

hi guys . i like to check and learn new cocktails. it can be rare cocktails or own created cocktails.thanks:)

1 Like

I like Long Island Iced Tea and Rusty Nails.

1 Like

Old Fashioned made with Rye whisky and maple syrup. And if I ever stumble upon a bar who make those, would love to try the Trinidad Especial.

1 Like

Old Fashioned is a great cocktail to experiment with. You can replace the syrup with cassis, Drambuie, or other liqueurs for completely different flavor profiles.

1 Like

White chocolate liquer, rosemary, Gaoliang, gin, lime juice, orange juice. I think I’m missing something, but I love Gaoliang cocktails. Cutting the Gaoliang with gin makes it more mixable, and its nose goes well with more herbal flavors.

When it’s hot out I like a modified White Russian: 2 parts vodka, 2 parts milk, 1 part Irish Cream. Very refreshing.

My favorite is simply a shot of vodka, half shot of lime cordial, and ginger ale over rocks, with a lemon twist. My go-to drink at home. Is there a name for this particular mixture?

1 Like

The Rocket

1 part well grade whiskey/whisky :tumbler_glass:
1 part tobacco cigarette :smoking:
1 part punch in the crotch for anyone who bugs me during enjoyment thereof :raccoon: :boxing_glove:

8 Likes

Mint Julep
Mojito
Pina Colada
Zombie

Moscow Mule?

3 Likes

My daughter came up with a cracking non-alcoholic cocktail today. She supervised as I squeezed a honey pomelo (the round ones) and mixed it with soda water. It was refreshing and delicious. I plan to try it with gin later.

I’m going to call it a Formosa Fizz. But she calls it Honey Pomelo Fizz Surprise (she’s dictating this to me as I type).

5 Likes

Gin and Tonic is an easy classic for newbies

Recently had a Long Island Iced Tea that came out well enough for two more. Not recommended for a school night!

2 Likes

Hitting a lot of rum and canned coconut water lately. Hits the spot

2 Likes

Delete…my old man memory

Gimlet with lime juice and simple syrup (classic is lime cordial but didn’t have any on hand), another easy gin cocktail

Tequila sunrise, easy to make and too easy to drink!

Martini, an easy classic, stirred not shaken! (the vodka bottle is missing from the shot, I might have put it back in the freezer too quickly…)

2 Likes

Carrefour has had jars of simple syrup for a while, next to an agricole rum (and made by the same company). Might be useful

1 Like

good to know. it’s easy enough to make (boil water, add an equal amount of sugar, use within 6 weeks)

what i haven’t been able to find yet is angostura bitters, any advice?

1 Like

Gin sour: gin, lime juice, simple syrup, and soda

Mimosa with OJ, an easy classic

Spritzer, another easy classic

Mojitos, my buddy had enough in the garden for one each and we’ve been looking to buy some ever since!

4 Likes