What are your best cocktails?

Looks mighty refreshing

I like the ice ā€˜cubeā€™. Very professional.

2 Likes

A bit sweet, have to adjust my menu if i can dig up the original excel file. Second one has an extra 50% bourbon. Ice ball half melted, those were a gift

ā€¦

1 Like

1 Like

My fav drinks, in order of preference:

Negroni
Milano torino
Americano
Martini
Highball (in general, slightly prefer shochu highballs to whisky ones, but love them)
Spritz, but not with Aperol (too sweet), best with Select, or Campari would do. Very nice also with Cynar.

I do like a good Negroni.

Also a Rusty Nail, which is sadly underappreciated especially here in Asia.

1 Like

There was a bar here in TC that had them on the menu which has sadly closed down. Iā€™m not making quite enough to afford home bar so that oneā€™s gonna have to wait.

never tried, but one thing I very rarely take are whisky drinks which add to the sweetness/body of it. I drink whisky only neat (with a splash of water possibly) or highball, never enjoyed too much the old fashioned, way too sweet and peaty for me.

Negroni has body yes, but there is no smoke in it, itā€™s clean at the end. And if u use proper bitters (and real vermouths), it is not sweet (Campari has an awful lot of sugarā€¦).

Another awesome drink is the campari shakerato (just shaked campari, saline solution and some orange water).

Negroni o Americano. I bring Campari and vermouth cocchi from my country because is way cheaper than Taiwan. Also sweet vermouth alone is quit good.

1 Like

Cheaper than cocktails out. Just start slow, also find a good place to shop (my bottle of Jim Beam was 319 at my favorite bottle shop). My bottle of bitters is like 2 years old which is one reason i decided to make some old fashioneds

I kinda hit the end of the 1000NT single malt options, and felt a bit scotched out

Good thing about home cocktails, you can solve both these problems easily

Yeah, vermouth here is quite expensive. Better variety than Canada but only big bottles

1 Like

Iā€™ve instead decided to get a decent bottle 1000-1500 of scotch since itā€™s not exceptionally expensive here and just lightly water down. I donā€™t drink so often so I can easily get away with a bottle a month, and thatā€™s if Iā€™m drinking a bit harder.

But I have thought about Old Fashioned since itā€™s so simple.

edit: another case where my low body weight comes in handy, donā€™t need to drink so much :smiley:

1 Like

Christ, forgot the Americano, shame on me. Lemme edit

I havenā€™t made cocktails much since I got here because the scotch is so cheap. There is a thread, but I stopped posting there because one of the regulars was busy on the dry January thread (and have not been trying much new)

Itā€™s a legal requirement in the EU for liqueurs. It adds to the body of the drink though, which makes it useful for cocktails. If you aim for cocktails without sugar, you donā€™t have much choice really.

1 Like

If not an exeptional Bourbon on the rocks, then Mint julep, Creole lady, or planterā€™s punch made with government brown bottle rum from Wellcome, only to be served by the pitcher full.

1 Like

I always wondered who buys that stuff!

2 Likes

Iā€™m usually more of a beer snob. My usual go-to mix is a cognac (Courvoisier or Hennessey) or Jack Daniels and Coke, easy ice. I also like a Cuba Libre sometimes. Adios MF or an Irish Car Bomb if you wanna get more hammered than a 20d nail into solid concrete.

Probably my favorite shot

Had a couple of limes in the fridge that needed to be used, and recently inherited a little blender, soā€¦ daiquiris

1 Like

Best one we sold when I had a place in Taiwan: Baileyā€™s Yummy Rummy.

Equal parts of:
Baileys
Malibu
Milk

Shake over ice. Pour into a glass either neat or over iceā€¦depending on preference.

It is essentially a coconut-flavored baileys. One of my own personal favorite.

1 Like