What do you feel about Shih Ming-teh?

How is that relevant now and today?
Why didn’t CSB investigate Soong when he had the chance?
Soong is not President, he is minor party leader.

I could probably find a corrupt stall owner in any nightmarket on Taiwan. But how is that relevant to why people are really upset with CSB?

You know why it is relevant, because the KMT is already trying to get rid of CSB for a long time, now they probably are in a pact with SMT, although we can’t prove that … but according to that same SMT you don’t need to prove anything … so it’s completely ok to say that the KMT and SMT are cooperating in some way … So after this explanation we can conclude that saying the KMT is involved is relevant

I’m with AWOL on this one. You would think that some people here would remember what it was like to live under a military dictatorship for 40 years. You would think that some people would remember the good old days when you were not even able to express any sort of dissent with the government. You would think that some people would have some bad feelings about KMT ill gotten property and the like.

But all people can seem to think about is how great everything was when everyone had a Barbie Doll factory in their living room and worked 90 hours a week. Booming economy, Asian powerhouse. Oh, our politicians weren’t corrupt back THEN at all! Oh no!

I have to give Chen some credit for trying to run a minority government against (read - against, not with!) the only other political party which simply is against anything at all, as long as it comes from him. He should try using reverse psychology. Maybe if he tried to pass a bill banishing arms procurement and sending even more business over to China he could actually do something for this country.

And I’ll wait before the facts come out on the insider trading and sogo receipts, thank you very much. My friend works at a small school. Last week they dressed up a whole bus full of little kids and drove them to the rally. The CT’s told the kids about A-bian, the bald liar who runs the country. Nice. Automatically a big liar and a theif. Guilty until proven innocent.

I’m not a firm believer in democracy the way I see it in many countries. as I see it, none of these politicians are actually doing their jobs (as in running a country). Fuck-em. Throw the whole lot in jail for twenty years and let them run things from there. Failure to DO THEIR JOBS results in immediate dismemberment. Just kidding. The media can stay in jail with them.

Why should CSB deal with the blues honestly and sincere? He’s the president and he doesn’t get fair treatment. I bet there’s still an ongoing kangaroo court trying to figure out if he shot himself in the belly or not. Idiots. Why isn’t he attacking them with the same vitriol?

If sticks and stones were breaking my bones I’d want a big gun.

Just ranting…wondering if I should be learning simplified Chinese yet…

They do remember the days under the KMT. However, they remember the booming economy part more than the white terror part. I wonder why? Could they be suffering from the same delusion TI supporters have about Japanese occupation of Taiwan?

That being said, if the DPP could do a full blown “Green Terror” could they manage to bring Taiwan economy into “booming” status?

Don’t you get it people are not concerned about the past; they are concerned about the here and now.

Even in terms of “White Terror,” what has CSB actually done to rectify the past with his years in office? Is the public any closer to the truth than when LTH was in office?

I see democracies in Brazil, Mexico and Philippines. I have no desire to see Taiwan slide into a “Banana Republic” status. Getting rid of CSB now causes less damage than letting him be a lame duck for the rest of term.

I believe simplified Chinese is the future, unless PRC has a policy change in the future. But upscale restuarants and stores in PRC use non-simplified characters to give a sense of class to their establishment. So you never know if there might be a roll back to the 4th or 3rd generation simplified character sets. But then again computers sort of make the simplified v non-simplified argument moot most of a time. A translation is only a mouse click away.

So, then why are you not in Taiwan to promote your ideas? Is it because you’re feeling safer where you are now? Or, are you hiding behind your dual nationality, if you have one …

Taiwan is pretty safe these days. Not many Muslim terrorist trying to blow up Taiwan to make a political statement.

Yet.

Shih Ming-Teh is pulling this because he’s pissed that A-bian never gave him a nice job with a big office and a nice salary…ac_dropout what country do you consider yourself from??

So if CSB offered SMT a job now the protest will stop?
Depends who is asking and why? My answers usually reflect what will result in my best interest.

If you are an angry Muslim, I’m an ROC citizen the believes in the eventual independence of Xinjiang.

So if china attacked would you protect the so called ROC?

Always have, always will. But the point is not all of ROC diplomatic options have been exhausted yet, so I see no need to pursue any form of military adventurism or antagonize the other side over the Strait Issue.

Which is another reason CSB must go. He acts as if all the diplomatic solutions have been exhausted. And like a hack is trying to sell snake oil to the general population as a solution.

If he has been embezzling funds out of ROC secret diplomacy funds with fake receipts, they really should reintroduce capital punishment back on Taiwan for this guy.

Overthrowing a president, says its ok to overthrown any other president that comes in to office in the future. He won the election in 2004 fair and square, the reason for the protest is corruption…wheres the legal proof? George Bush isn’t very popular and there have been allegations put up against him, but without legal proof do you see the citizens of the USA trying to over thrown him?

Although I think this protest crap is a bunch of nonsense, Shi Ming Teh does love his country and A-Bien is a disgrace.
Taiwan is already on shaky ground due to the ongoing threat of China. These protest marches don’t help Taiwan’s image much. On the other hand, I respect those who march in Washington, so I understand and respect the Taiwanese people to take the time to express their opinions and march.
I have lived in Taiwan for more than 15 years, my children and wife are Taiwanese, and I am a supporter of the DPP. The young foreign protesters need to go back to their dwellings and keep their mouths shut.
I’ve been referred to, as a grumpy old man.
Fuck off, knowledge is power.
Peace, Mark

dlin,

Is Taiwan, ROC the USA?
Obviously not.

Can ROC afford mistakes like USA can?
The USA can afford to have huge mistakes in foriegn policy. It can afford to wage a fake war. It has the economic and military capital to make mistakes and still remain a “superpower.”

If CSB behavior was due to the fact he was taking his lead from GW Bush, then he is an idiot. ROC is not the USA and it cannot be governed like the USA.

Taiwan can be governed as a democratic power, Geoge W. Bush lays know claims to me, I’m from Minnesota(a blue state). I’ve been home once in 9 years, and it wasn’t to vote Republican.
For those who think Taiwan should sit with it’s head between it’s legs and pray for a better day, you’re fucked.
Don’t forget to vote and stop whimpering!
Peace, Mark

Very well put, amen to that

People did recall that ex-California governor. Hey, let’s have a California system for getting rid of unpopular politicians. :slight_smile:

Something obviously has to be done. In the history of Taiwan, since the hand over to the KMT, it is facing a future where Taiwanese children will inherit a poorer and lesser country than their parents. This is a looming hopelessness that has motivated people into the streets to demonstrate against an ineffective leader

To put it kindly, CSB is not someone that is out there to deliberately harm Taiwan, however, he believes in ideas and goals that is not helpful to everyone on Taiwan. Those beliefs have been proven to have the exact opposite effect and do great damage to Taiwan’s economy and credibility.

Whether he is “dispose” or voluntarily resigns, makes no difference at this point. The quicker he is out of office, to allow a new leader to takes Taiwan in a more productive direction, can Taiwan’s population have a chance of regaining the hope that they are in control to make Taiwan a better place in the future.

Can you elaborate which democratic power Taiwan should model itself after and which USA policy Taiwan should adopt? I’m not talking about lofty ideals that Taiwan strive for. I’m talking about nut and bolt politics. Dismantle the 5 branches of ROC government and replace it with the 3 USA branches? Have a Federal and State level government system? Jim Crow laws for BSR?

Should CSB claim PRC have WMD’s and do a pre-emptive strike as public policy?

Jesus dude, it’s the sauce, innit?

Shi Ming Teh loves nothing more than his own petulant voice. Can you not see the man’s blatant hypocrisy?

What a bunch of losers. First up they boldly declare their willingness to take it to other cities and then suddenly, we’re told because they can’t guarantee peace, oh, and it might stretch logistics (yes, one supposes a lone protester in each county would look a bit silly), they cancel that one.

Ongoing threat of China? Do you mean increasing? What are you reading? I see no evidence of that at all. Quite the opposite really. The situation with China is easing.

HG

Dreaming again … why don’t you come in and take over the country … babbling is cheap … :s