What game are you playing?

How close to reality is that?

It’s actually harder than reality… as in the cutters are made of glass and breaks easily.

1 Like

Do you have to spend half your time sweeping chips out of the ways?

What’s with the dancing banana? I like it.

1 Like

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: What just happened? Everything is different

No, but you know, you get the same with CNC machine too because you don’t have to worry about chips, the coolant system blows it out.

Hold ∆ to call Deckel Maho.

Achievement unlocked :sparkles: Didn’t leave it for night shift :sparkles:

Seriously though, I’ll probably buy it and stream myself playing it whilst dressed like a neko-chan

What if you could save the game as g codes and then use it in a real CNC machine?

Or have a “realistic mode” where the game control controls an actual CNC machine.

You can already get CNC that operate using an Xbox controller.

1 Like

Just completed Cyberpunk 2077.

I played it on the PS4 (modified with an SSD) which may have been unfair but there’s too much that’s kind of lacklustre about it for me to think it’s a good game.

After playing Portal 2 last month, I’m now playing Portal.

Cyberpunk 2077’s main story can be completed in like 5 hours… it’s not exactly long. Sidequests, gigs, etc. is about 20 times longer than the main story.

You know the MRT stations has those vending machines selling cake. What if someone hacked the machine so that instead of selling cake it allows you to play Portal on it…

Yep, I finished all the side jobs too, didn’t bother with a lot of the gigs or the cyberpsychos, I felt fairly burnt out at that point. Finished the game around the 60 hour point and that’s enough for me. Some of the missions were really compelling, The Hunt, for example, but then some of the broken or really outdated mechanics made it a bit wearisome.

I’m thankful for the start and ending I chose, because after watching the rest on YouTube the others look total wank so that’s good.

did you choose the devil ending?

No, the Panam one.

Yea I chose the panam one too, so did a bunch of others I suspect.

Devil ending sucks balls, but it’s the only ending you get if you finished the story without touching side quests at all.

And now there’s no news on cyberpunk, not update 1.7 or phantom liberty.

Yeah I thought that Saul guy was a dick anyway.

They’ve probably mothballed it - it’s not great, really. Mechanically and technically-speaking, I’d put it on par with GTA4/Far Cry 3, so it’s pretty outdated. I say that based on one person seeing you in stealth, suddenly four times as many enemies spawn, and everyone knows you are there for the rest of the mission.

Looking at job adverts, they are recruiting for a sequel, but they’ve abandoned their game engine and using Unreal for future releases.

They made a trailer for phantom liberty, I don’t think they are mothballing it. I know we should be expecting 1.7 soon-ish, maybe whenever phantom liberty comes out. 1.6 was a huge success from that edgerunners thing.

But yes they are moving to unreal engine 5 for the cyberpunk sequel.

Well Saul was a dick but his head got smashed by smasher…

Video games are a bigger industry than novels, tv and even movies. So I think we should have a 2023 thread for the games we are playing.

I picked up persona 5 for switch. I missed a lot of games in the past including this one. Now I have a switch I’ve been looking to bolster my collection and found persona 5 royal in English at trader in Tokyo. The game is pretty great so far. Smooth gameplay, great voice acting and incredible Detail. I’m pretty impressed this can run on switch and still look so great.

I’m also playing through triangle strategy which is a srpg by square enix. It’s not quite as good as some of the others I’ve played, but it’s still pretty solid. A lot of cutscenes and story in this one. Pretty pixel art and an interesting story (though a bit simple so far). I’ve been playing it on my train commutes to work and school. I’m 60 hours in and about 2/3 through the game.

3 Likes

How old is too old to become a pro gamer? What do you do after you retire?

3 Likes

You should have just bought an Xbox and played persona 5 on the game pass.