What happened to the GOP?

A post was merged into an existing topic: Rand Paul’s own thread, at last

Sick

Difficult for people to believe that Boebert’s videos are real

Not only climate…

1 Like

That’s the feel I got from them, she had one with a gun totting mama bear totally over the top video about 6 months back.

It was absurd. To the point of comedy, fair point on SNL on picking up on it, I guess after it was polled for how people would feel about it.

That’s just temporary, until the ethnonational populist whackjobs currently running the GOP go away.

:slight_smile:

That’s appalling, but nothing compared to the fact that he spoke at a conference organized by a white nationalist.

2 Likes

This about captures what happened to the GOP:

4 Likes

Suddenly parliament fights in Taiwan seem very classy.

I haven’t seen the video, but it seems to be something out of Attack on Titan with faces ridiculously posted on top of it. The outrage over this should really go in the What Happened to the Democrats? thread. It’s pretty amazing that this gets their panties in a bunch while they actually call people to violence as part of their political terror campaign.

1 Like

So does Boehbert have evidence Smallwell slept with Feng Feng, or is she just making crap up?
I’m all for a person who didn’t go to college serving in Congress (everyone should be represented), but they need to learn some decency.

I’m not sure if this is serious or not, but I’m not sure why people who didn’t go to college need to learn decency more than anyone else would. That’s a pretty ridiculous and insulting statement.

As for Swalwell, it has been widely reported that after investigation, people believed he slept with the Chinese spy, and he has refused to answer questions on it (at least, he did when the story broke…I’m not sure if he finally came out and made a statement on it or not). https://cms.thepostmillennial.com/breaking-national-security-source-reveals-swalwell-slept-with-chinese-spy/

1 Like

Whataboutism and hyperbole all in one post. That’s fun.

Jan. 6 was just a call for everyone to get together and BBQ right? And hang the VP. You can criticize your own party it’s ok. There’s plenty of threads for criticizing democrats.

1 Like

He won’t say he didn’t have a relationship with her…

The reaction is hyperbolic. I answered on the topic at hand (it’s stupid) and put it in context of real issues. No whataboutism here.

Um…huh? Please respond to actual posts and not imagined ones. Talk about whataboutism.

I criticize the Libertarian party, but they aren’t discussed often here. Also, more whataboutism.

Yes, and many on the GOP as well. When a complaint against the GOP is so ridiculous that it looks bad at the complainant, I will discuss it.

If Boebert had as much brain as she has guns she could be a decent being.

Exactly one year after one of the darkest days in American democracy, the image the party will convey is not an exemplary one. Across the country, Republican activists are still planning rallies and vigils in more than a dozen states for Jan. 6 participants they depict as “patriots” or “political prisoners.” Stars of the party’s right-wing are lining up to appear on conservative media in a day of counter programming designed to downplay the seriousness of the attack on the Capitol. Trump himself will be back behind a microphone next week in Arizona, where he will repeat his lie that the election was rigged.

:laughing:

1 Like

lol. If you go by Politico, you could barely talk about it without doing that.

Surely you see how embarrassing it is for the country. Downplaying ransacking the capitol right after a Trump rally probably isn’t the best strategy.

The media’s attempt to gin it up is certainly embarrassing, if amusing. It’s a year later, the peaceful transition of power happened, and the capitol is in fine shape. People have moved on. They’re more worried about real problems, like putting food on the table and keeping their kids from becoming shut-ins.

2 Likes