What has Trump done for Taiwan so far?

When were we ever letting them in freely? All of these were already vetted extremely. Right now they can only get in for higher education, IIRC.

Also Iran and Venezuela should not be on the list. Show me the number of terrorist attacks by Iranians and Venezuelans in the past 20 years. I don’t think I’ve heard of any. Most terrorists I hear about are Saudis and Pakistanis.

So you think it’s OK to want to ban all Muslims then pass a ban that effectively kept Muslims out when the courts wouldn’t let you ban all of them?

He added VEN and North Korea only after the courts rejected it the first two times.

I agree. I don’t like how cozy trump is with the Saudis. I think we should put more restrictions on them, the recent attacks are by Saudis I believe.

Iran is not a country friendly to the US. Not since the fall of the Shia and our continual sanctions on them. So I would 100% make sure their travel is restricted.

If you want to say some of the restrictions are too severe or some other countries should be in or out. Fine. I can agree on some of that. But this is clearly not a Muslim ban. Or else as you said, why isn’t Saudis and Pakistan on that list. Thousands of Muslims travel freely into and from the US daily.

Also to be clear. For Venezuela, Trump’s ban bars the entrance of certain government officials and their immediate families, but not the country’s citizens. I don’t see this as unreasonable.

It doesn’t keep Muslims out because they are Muslims does it? Perhaps the questions you should ask is why do countries with a lot of terrorist organizations operating in them happen to be predominantly Muslim.

And you didn’t answer my question. Which of those countries do you think we should not have travel restrictions on?

What I find amazing is that you have someone admittedly aware of and not happy with MBS of Saudi Arabia sanctioning murder of a US resident/journalist and consequently being cozied up to by Trump.

That person is also arguing with such fervor, regarding the ban, basically that because you put on a cheap halloween mask that covers an inch of your face, doesn’t mean you can be IDed.

Something not adding up…

1 Like

There’s a old journalism saying — If your momma tells she loves you, check it out. Means go to the source and find the facts.
I’m presenting to you some facts.

Again, he did not. That is what the media tried to spin it as. He very clearly said some of the people who tries to cross illegally are rapists and criminals. ANd this is 100% factual. Women get raped a lot trying to cross, this is a well-established fact. Drugs also flow through from mexico, I lived in Texas and 100% of the heroin and coke is from Mexico from the cartel.

Fact 1# (at :38 sec mark) https://youtu.be/TML2cApMueU?t=18
The media didn’t spin anything. They emphasized that his first statement to the public, when announcing his campaign was that. Of all the things he could have said about Mexico he focused on that. SMH.

So you think China was going to just lay down and do nothing? You enjoy billions of dollars worth of American IP being stolen? You think it’s fair that US companies don’t play on a even playing field in China? You are OK with China producing 99% of the fent that comes into the US killing americans? I’m Not.

No. I actually support Trump on this. The hardball was necessary, but let’s not forget the fallout either. Which I don’t think he or his administration thought thru fully. I don’t mind the Trade War, but I’m not a farmer, exporter/importer or have a computer company. So, of course I can stand from the sidelines and cheer him on about it. [I don’t really have a dog in the race, **except** when I shop for food, clothing or try to purchase any of the other 180 items on his list.]

I’ve known 2 people who has been falsly accused of rape, both had their lives ruined even after being cleared and the woman confessed they lied. So I don’t believe in accusations, I believe in facts. And I’ve been on both sides, my close friend in college was raped in spring break. I was the one who encouraged her to get legal help and bring it to court. I was the one who believed her and found evidence with her to bring to the court.

When it comes to rape, accusations or material proof, there are a couple of things that must be kept in mind.

One, the onus of proving a rape to be real or not should not be on the victim.

Two, victims often recant their claims. Out of fear, of not being believed, intimidation, coercion, or lack of being able to provide proof. Want to know how that works? Read this article. Will blow your mind.

According to this study 5% of rape cases reported to the police are false. However, you can’t overlook the fact that 95% are real. Which means 95% of the time, when a woman is making that claim, there’s truth in it somewhere.

There’s an saying, if everyone says you are a _____, then maybe it’s not them, it’s actually you. Trump has been accused of sexual assault by TWENTY THREE women. 23. Not two, not three but 23. At what point do you say, there’s got be some truth in this. I know a jury in Pennsylvania found someone guilty of one after 60 accusers came forward. And I know of someone else who’s sitting in jail after people finally believed his umpteenth victim.

almost made it into the quarterfinals, jk

Of course it isn’t a Muslim ban now, if it was it would be ruled unconstitutional again. But he went as close to a Muslim ban as he could. He stated he wants to enforce a Muslim ban and even his first attempt was deemed a religious ban and unconstitutional.
Few democrats would be against Trump’s acts of taken out of context, however his intent are so thinly veiled and bigoted that its hard to turn a blind eye.
Take the border control for example, most people I know are pro rule of law but the problem is that he is clearly super anti-immigration and says racist shit. I would be a staunch border security supporter if we also had a path to citizenship and a functioning refugee program. Under Obama we had a refugee cap of over 100K but Trump gradually reduced it, last year it was 30K, now its 18K and we get over 300K applications every year.

This isn’t just “lets keep rapists out” this is keeping all of them out.

1 Like

Yep land of the free and opportunity my ass. 18,000 is basically nothing. May as well he zero. Plus the US kicked off a lot of shit in places like Iraq , bombed the crap out of it and killed a lot of people , they should take more in.
The US has an obligation to take in some refugees , I think so.

Such irony with it too. Many are migrant farmers/field hands/meat factory workers. How many Liberal Arts grads do you know willing to work for those prices and do hard labor?

His ban was similar to claiming , ‘We aren’t going to issue any visas to people from China, Taiwan and Hong Kong but we are not banning Chinese speakers , WE DONT HAVE ANYTHING AGAINST CHINESE SPEAKERS’.:sunglasses:

Exactly. China makes these type of radical proclamations all the time. Where’s the outrage.

Those two Canadians have been imprisoned in China for a year now

China is an uber racist country but most Westerners don’t know about this or care about this. It’s only starting to get into public consciousness how extreme their internal policies are now. Also how widedpread and active their spy network is. They also sponsor so many media outlets overseas effectively co-opting the media with dollars.
They also tried to co-opt universities with the Confucius centers and fees from the millions of Chinese students.

If Canadians choose to ignore their citizens being imprisoned that’s Canadians callousness towards their fellow citizens.t

I’m seeing a lot of Trump in this thread (as well as in many others) but not much about Taiwan.
Wasn’t that the topic?

1 Like

So it’s not a Muslim ban. Is that where we are now? It might be a Muslim ban later?

What? This is not the same at all BJ. There are many Muslims countries. He put restrictions on ones that even the previous administration put on a list due to reasons such a terrorist activity. If Taiwan, HK and China we’re regularly hosting terrorist organizations operating in them…ok. Come on, your better than this.

Sp which part of that do you disagree with? I live in a border state. I will back up that there are a lot of drugs coming in. I will back up that rapists prey on women at the border.

I’ve been on both sides. I was deeply involved with helping a close friend bring legal action on the people who raped her. I understand what needs to happen. I need facts and evidence because of this. I can seen how people treat men who are falsely accused and ruin their lives based on no evidence; I don’t play that game.

He listed something like six countries which were all Muslim I believe . Saudis didn’t get listed which was odd given their track record right ?

I’m not saying I would write the same headline, but the content is good.

1 Like

There are 50 Muslim countries. Perhaps the question is why those are the usual ones that host terrorist organizations. Which country and their current restrictions do you actually object to?

But yeah, I want Saudis on that list.

No, the ban would be like admitting people from Hong Kong and Taiwan and Singapore but ceasing giving out visas to people from China, who would then say it was racist (and, inevitably, hurting the feelings of the Chinese people.)

The list of countries was drafted by the Obama Administration and included Venezuela and N. Korea.

1 Like