What has Trump done for Taiwan so far?

No , I made my example and it’s more accurate. Because the current ban does discriminate against a large number of Muslims but not all Muslims. Cheers.:grinning:

Dude.
It’s just like Jim Crow laws.
You can’t keep blacks from voting, so you give them impossible reading tests.
C’mon man.

Trump: I want to ban all Muslims.
Lawyers: You can’t do that, that’s unconstitutional.
Trump: OK, I want to ban as many Muslims as I can. Ban them from most Muslim countries.
Courts: Nope, you can’t do that. We know you’re still trying to ban Muslims.
Trump: OK, let’s add Venezuela and North Korea. No one can come from those countries anyway.

We have travel restrictions on every country. You can’t come in without a passport, visa for some countries.

3 Likes

Which of the countries on the list and the restrictions put on them do you disagree with. You have not managed to name 1. Remember this was a list from the Obama administration.

Comparing civil rights to this? Come on. You’re better than this. The best you have is you interpret it as a Muslim ban, quite a step back from where your position was.

The list wasn’t used by the Obama administration to ban everyone from the country.

Obama also kept a registry of suspected terrorists. Fortunately, he destroyed it before Trump got into office. Trump also said he wanted to create a Muslim registry, like they did with Japanese-Americans.

[quote=“Andrew0409, post:103, topic:186461, full:true”]

Quite often civil rights laws have been used as basis for many arguements today. Not that far a bridge to cross. IJS

Are you going name 1 country and their restrictions that you disagree with? :idunno:

ALL OF THEM.

1 Like

Nice man. People from places like Syria can totally be vetted. Because their government communicates so transparently with ours. Just trust their documents.

Nice plan.

Syrian refugees have already been properly vetted.

2 Likes

We are not talking about seeking asylum. I think you’re confused on what a refugee is since you also made up complete rubbish like this.

Do you know what a refugee is?

I could answer this, but this is so basic. I’m going to wait until everyone in Taiwan wakes up and someone will answer.

And yet you think people granted refugee status are caged up dying. Why would they need to be detained after being granted refugee status?

I wonder how many people were accusing this friend. 1? Time to enter conspiracy theory stage of defense…

Alva Johonson , a former Trump campaign staffer, said she had to avoid a kiss from Mr Trump while on a trip to Florida in August of 2016. The White House has denied this most recent accusation, as have some members of the Trump team who say they were present.

Jessica Leeds , a former traveling salesperson, alleged that Mr Trump grabbed her breasts and tried to put his hand up her skirt while on a first-class flight in the 1980s. Ms Leeds was in her late 30s at the time.

Ivana Trump , Mr Trump’s first wife, once used the word “rape” to describe an encounter with him. The accusation was made in a 1993 book following a divorce settlement between the two. She has since softened her language, saying that she didn’t mean the word in a “literal or criminal sense”.

Jill Harth , a former business partner of Mr Trump’s, said that Mr Trump forcibly kissed her on the lips, groped her breasts, and grabbed her genitals in what she described in a 1997 as an “attempted rape”. The encounter allegedly occurred at Mr Trump’s Mar-a-Lago estate, in one of his children’s bedroom. She also says that Mr Trump groped her under the table at a dinner with colleagues at the Plaza Hotel.

Kristen Anderson alleged that Mr Trump put his hand up her skirt and touched her genitals over her underwear at the China Club in Manhattan at some point in the early 1990s when she was in her early 20s. Ms Anderson was an aspiring model at the time.

Lisa Boyne accused Mr Trump of insisting that female models walk across a table at a New York restaurant in 1996, and then remarking on their underwear and genitalia. She was 25 at the time.

Cathy Heller says that Mr Trump forcibly kissed her on the lips during a Mother’s Day brunch at mar-a-Lago in 1997.

Temple Taggart , a former Miss Utah, alleged that Mr Trump forcibly kissed her on the mouth on two different occasions. The first incident was the first time that they met. The incidents occurred at the 1997 Miss USA pageant event, and in Trump Tower.

Mariah Billado , a former Miss Vermont Teen USA, has alleged that says that Mr Trump walked into a dressing room unannounced in 1997. She said that there were several teen beauty queens aged between 15 and 19 in the room naked at the time.

Karena Virginia alleged that Mr Trump grabbed her arm and touched her breast while she was waiting for a car after the US Open.

Bridget Sullivan , a former Miss New Hampshire, alleged that Mr Trump walked into the Miss USA pageant dressing room in 2000 while contestants were naked. She was 19 at the time.

Tasha Dixon , a former Miss Arizona, alleged that Mr Trump entered dressing rooms at the Miss USA pageant in 2001 while contestants were “half-naked”.

Melinda Macgillivray alleged that Mr Trump grabbed her buttock in a pavilion behind the main house of his Mar-a-Lago estate in 2003. They were in the middle of a group of people, she said, and it was during a concert performed by Ray Charles.

Jennifer Murphy said that Mr Trump forcibly kissed her after a job interview in 2005. She was 26 at the time.

Rachel Cooks alleged that Mr Trump kissed her forcibly on the lips outside the elevator in Trump Tower in 2005. She was 22 at the time.

Natasha Stoynoff alleged that Mr Trump pushed her against a wall and forcibly kissed her in a closed-door room in his Mar-a-Lago estate in 2005. Ms Stoynoff, a writer for PEOPLE magazine, was there to interview Mr Trump.

Ninni Laaksonen alleged that Mr Trump grabbed her buttocks while taking photos outside the Ed Sullivan Theater, and before Mr Trump appeared on the Late Show with David Letterman. Ms Laaksonen was 20 at the time, in 2006.

Jessica Drake alleged that Mr Trump forcibly kissed her and two female friends in 2006, when she was 32. When she pushed him away, she said that he asked her: “How much?”

Samantha Holvey , a former Miss North Carolina, alleged that Mr Trump treated women like “meat” and would barge into dressing rooms to inspect women. She said the incidents occurred in 2006, when she was 20.

Summer Zervos alleged that Mr Trump grabbed her by her shoulders and forcibly kissed her, and groped her breasts, while she was a contestant on The Apprentice in 2007. She said the incidents took place at Trump Tower in New York, and at a hotel in Los Angeles.

Cassandra Searles , a former Miss Washington, said that Mr Trump grabbed her buttocks repeatedly in 2013 during the Miss USA pageant in 2013. She said that he also invited her to his hotel room.

Karen Johnson, who said Mr Trump pulled her into a tapestry by her crotch at a New Year’s Eve party in the early 2000s.

2 Likes

Pointed this out upthread.

There’s an saying, if everyone says you are a _____, then maybe it’s not them, it’s actually you. Trump has been accused of sexual assault by TWENTY THREE women. 23. Not two, not three but 23. At what point do you say, there’s got be some truth in this.

But glad it’s being repeated.

I think everyone knows the truth about this, and many other things related to Trump. This pattern of self-professed awareness of the issues and ability to drill down on certain minutiae from a certain group doesn’t mesh at all with selective memory and cherrypicking/conflation from the same group, over and over again.

Let’s just call it what it is. Bad acting, and arguing in bad faith. Because no reasonable person will look at a list that long and think to themselves ‘hmm many accused this person I don’t know at all, time to bend over backwards in the face of that list to defend said person’.

It’s so nakedly obvious when one’s goal is to ‘win’ an argument/discussion, not have one.

1 Like

It’s actually incredible not a single one can produce evidence and collaborating accounts. I’ve helped someone actually get enough evidence to bring it to court, it’s not easy but it’s certainly very possible. I will believe in facts. Not a bunch of people who happen to decide to bring it up years down the road and try to sell books.

But I guess the Russian thing is over, the Ukraine conspiracy was a flop, now back to sexual assault again. People just need to admit they don’t like him instead of making him the personification of everything they don’t like. Ignoring him saying he doesn’t mean neo nazis are fine people and finding ways to interpret it as it actually means he does is not going to convince anyone.

Democrats should just try to field a good candidate. This is getting old.

1 Like

This is some serious Olympic level verbal gymnastics I’ve seen in a long time.

Your experience with dealing with false rape accusations while might give you insight to the other side of the story, in no way holds up here, IMHO.

A) you dealt with two personal cases. Not as a lawyer or cop. Trump has (again needs to hammered home) 23 accusations. One from an ex-wife, who was looong in the home stretch, so to speak, when she spoke about it.

B) there’s “grab em by the p*ssy” statement on record. He was telling on himself, even confirmed with his statement about it being “locker room talk”. Now, if an associate was talking to me in jest about how to use coke, and I heard from a few people s/he indulged in it on occasion or was associated with those who did, I’m going to believe they probably are a cokehead.

C) The down the road/sell books comment? That’s typical gaslighting. If you look at those on the list, many had careers that we’re building when the incidents occured. If they had spoken out, guarantee that their careers would have been shut down quickly. So, you stay quiet. In the case of Ivana , she walked away with a healthy settlement. She can tell the truth and not be hurt.

What kills me is how his base continues to support a man who has NPD (narcissistic personality disorder). Y’all gonna learn the hard way and it’s gonna hurt like hell, I’m just saying.

2 Likes

3 actually. 2 false accusations that’s took years to clear. And one where I helped someone gather evidence and bring it forward with her. I’ve seen what it takes, and I’ve seen how anyone can make accusations with no evidence and it still stick for years.

I’ve probably joked with my own gf that I just slap girls in the ass. Does that make me a rapists? This doesn’t stand. It might be a scum bag thing to say, but far from evidence of him actually doing anything. Ive said I don’t agree with what he said, I can find past posts on this. But it’s a stretch to say he is a rapists without any evidence of actual rape. This is where I draw the line. You want to say he is a scum, fine. But accusing someone of rape is a serious thing. Not the same as being a scum.

So no one was trying to sell their books and even had a judge order them to pay back trump? What your saying isn’t evidence of anything. They had careers? Who doesn’t?

And talk about gas lighting. Diagnosing someone with a personality disorder? Really? I think it’s actually offensive, someone being a narcissist does not indicate they have an actual personality disorder. Can he be a narcissist, sure. But it’s whole other thing to say he has NPD.

The standard for rape accusations should be evidence. Not the number of accusations. Is this where we are now?

There are a lot of narcissists in society though.

Here are the amusingly predictable steps. Between 2 and 3 right now I’d say.

1. Support Trump wholeheartedly (in many cases only online though, I wager)
  2. When it’s apparently clear he’s done some really bad stuff, barely admit you don’t like some of his stuff, continue to break your back to support him on something else/project (just online though, wagering once again)
  3. Get kinda quiet
  4. Amnesia/redemption time! Come back later and say, phew, it seems he was a bad egg and am now glad he’s gone, well as I said before, I didn’t like everything about the guy!

I guess alternatively, some will continue down the road of rabbit hole conspiracy lunacy and subscribe to Trump TV, if he ever makes it past SDNY coming after him when he’s not president anymore.

I read the stuff here and don’t expect much at all, even then I come away shocked with how poorly these roles are played. It’s so bad, maybe it’s a 4D move to make Trump supporters look terrible or something?

I know it’s not, it’s just an ego thing. Back to what you said about them learning the hard way and it hurting…you’re wrong, it won’t. Because they’d rather deny reality to preserve their ego, like the guy they worship.

It’s all about themselves and whatever reputation they perceive themselves to have. In the end they couldn’t give a toss about issues or things like laws and constitutions, the endgame is how many people high five them, in their head.

1 Like