What have U failed to find? Biggest avg women's clothing?

well … we all thank you for your information. Perhaps it is the fact that you live in Taipei which makes these things alot more accessible to you.

We all know that Taipei usually has everything - but unless you live there or have someone who will share their secrets with you - it really is difficult to find what you need.

Thank you again! :notworthy:

I promise I won’t end up looking like you, can’t say that for others though!

It took at least a year before I found the first stores and that was with my handy copy of Taipei Living, published by the Community Service Center. I happened to pass the 5XXL several times on my way to work and decided to finally go in and see what they had. The girls who work at the one I visit (there’s another one on Zhongshan N. Rd. Sec ?? in Shihlin) are nice and helpful. My addresses aren’t precise because I usually navigate the streets of Taipei by simply telling a taxi driver the name of a street corner and then telling him to stop, but I hope they’re close enough to help you find what you want. :slight_smile:

[quote=“ImaniOU”]
I also visit the 5XXL store on Zhongxiao E. Rd.
ImaniOU[/quote]

Do you have any more of an address or some kind of landmark for me to go by? I am completely Tienmu illiterate. I would just cab it there, but will need more than that … or even if you have a phone number I can call them.

I am going to order a copy of the Taipei Living guide from the community centre, but don’t know how long it will take to reach me.

I am forever grateful … :slight_smile:

Another suggestion is a chain of stores with the letters HL Large Sizes. The background of the sign is pink and the H L is in white script followed by the Chinese characters for Large Size Clothes. The clothes in this store are not all matronly but also for a larger young woman. Some of the stuff is typical flowery, ruffle and sparkle stuff, but they also always have a large selection of simple yet stylish blouses, suits, pants, dresses, skirts. Prices are reasonable. They are located all over Taipei. This is a good place to shop if you have a bosum that is larger than the norm here but not necessarily overweight.

Off hand I am familar with one on HePing road very near Fushing near the Dante Coffee Shop. Nearby is also a guy making mattresses outside of his mattress shop.

Another is on Fushing N. Road Near NanJing intersection. When going to ChongXiaoFuShing Station from Nanjing Dong Station, look to your right and you will see the pink sign.

Another on Xin Yi and Fushing…walking toward AIT on the AIT side.

They just might have stores in Xin Zhu also.

Pais in Tianmu has good selection of western sizes, but since it is overstocks it is a matter of luck finding your sizes

The 5XXXL isn’t in Tienmu…it’s in downtown Taipei. Zhonghsiao E. Rd., a little between Jianguo and Fuxing…closer to Jianguo because I would walk past it to my guitar lessons. It’s hard to miss the sign. It’s got a huge 5XXL in black on a white background and pink writing about it being a Big-Size Collection or something like that. They also sometimes have a larger-than-life (so to speak) picture of a plus-size Taiwanese woman outside of the store. The Taipei Living book’s section on western clothes is only useful in the aspect that it suggests one or two places on Zhongshan N. Rd. Sec. 7 which will get you up into the neighborhood and finding the many other (and better) places that aren’t listed.