What is "SnowBoarding?

I don’t wear white, I’d look like a girl.

Sorry, your argument is flawed because kendo is cool and skiing is silly.

Kendo = swords, armour, hitting folk
Skiing = anoraks, snow, ski-lifts.

[quote=“Buttercup”]Kendo = swords, armour, hitting folk
Skiing = anoraks, snow, ski-lifts.[/quote]

This is where us pretentious types say quod erat demonstrandum.

Exactamundo, Chaon. None of that norte-european sophistry can get around the plain facts, the data, there in black and white.

[quote=“Buttercup”]
Kendo = swords, armour, hitting folk[/quote]
Even bigger pillocks than snowboarders = swords, armour, hitting folk.
Ergo, kendo = Even bigger pillocks than snowboarders Q.E.D.
(These are REAL people engaged in a pastime. Not a movie set. Astonishingly.)

I still dont get why “hitting people while dressed like a KKK member” is cool while being outdoors in the nature and enjoying the fresh air and the beautiful landspaces is considerit stuipd or silly.

[quote=“sandman”][quote=“Buttercup”]
Kendo = swords, armour, hitting folk[/quote]
Even bigger pillocks than snowboarders = swords, armour, hitting folk.
Ergo, kendo = Even bigger pillocks than snowboarders Q.E.D.
(These are REAL people engaged in a pastime. Not a movie set. Astonishingly.)
[/quote]

Looks like when the Germans and Brits fight for the best spaces on the pool in Mallorca…

You misspelled two words in a comical fashion. Your arguments are therefore nullified for all eternity.

Kendo is for girls and Barbiedo is for guys.

Sorry, I was just blown away by sandman’s facile strawman argument.

Mingshah, dangling above a mountain in a chair tied to a pulley, then sliding down it again on sticks while wearing unsightly padded clothing can not be considered cool. Ever. The existence of someone being cool while holding ski poles would cause a rip in the space-time continuum. The Mayans predicted this may happen in 2012, somewhere in the French Alps.

Not to mention that skiing is dead fucking easy, while Kendo requires skill and athleticism. How hard can it be to slide down a hill? Granted I’ve never skied, but that’s just because I don’t want to put other men’s penises in my mouth. But I’ve seen skiing on TV, and it is obvious that if I ever tried it, I’d be totally awesome.

Gravity is on your side.

I ski like a twat.

Oi! Some of my best friends are skiers I’ll have you know.

Oi! Some of my best friends are skiers I’ll have you know.[/quote]

Do they swallow?

You misspelled two words in a comical fashion. Your arguments are therefore nullified for all eternity.[/quote]

Sorry, typing quick replies in a not native language while working and answering phone calls took it’s toll…

You misspelled two words in a comical fashion. Your arguments are therefore nullified for all eternity.[/quote]

Sorry, typing quick replies in a not native language while working and answering phone calls took it’s toll…[/quote]
You missed a hyphen and added an erroneous apostrophe. You’ll never be taken seriously in this thread again.

… because he slides down hills on sticks being the obvious elephant in the room, not his ESL punctuation.

No need to dangle in a chair, you can walk up, use a gondola, one of that thing which pulls you behind it or simply rent a helicopter, modern ski clothing also uses high-tech firbres, so you barely need to wear 70’s stile padded jackets and pants to match the Michelin man.
What the Mayans predicted was if there would ever be a Brit who looks cool on Skies it would cause said event. :smiley:

And what exactly is the skill needed to take a damn stick and trash it on others that is so difficult to learn, I saw it on some youtube videos, if I ever would bother to do it I would for sure be a master in it as well. :wink:

Thats’ wh’y I dont post’ in the E’nglish teach’er for’um-

Try it - it’s really difficult. You don’t ‘trash’, you tap. It takes a lot of strength and control to not whack someone hard, which is considered poor form.

And you really can’t get up a hill on a gondola. My boy used to row 'em. He knows his stuff here, and they almost always have to be on water.

Thats’ wh’y I don’t post’ in the E’nglish teach’er for’um-[/quote]
Hav’e you thought of PM’ing yours’elf? Its rather therapeuti’c.