What is your favorite drink shop? (you can choose two)

I get that. For me it’s McDonalds. And Coca Cola in the supermarket. Says a lot about the power of marketing as both are fundamentally dog shit.

2 Likes

You piqued my interest so I looked this up. It’s not a foreign chain. It belongs to the same group that owns Miacucina. No wonder you say the food is good. Now I want to go try it.

One coffee chain that is foreign is Flash Coffee. It’s from Singapore and is my current favorite, for the drink, not for the environment.

3 Likes

I’ll go with The Speakeasy Bar and The Green Hornet

1 Like

The branches I have seen have no “environment”—they look like take-out only.

Is the coffee strong Singapore style (i.e. sock brewing style)?

Guy

No socks are used, but their beach latte uses gula melaka, which gives it that distinctive southeast Asian flavor. I recommend it if you like your coffee sweet.

I’m a fan of Kopi C, without added sugar.

I’ll stop by and see how these guys do things . . .

Guy

1 Like

I only drink filtered tap water.

3 Likes

I went to the Starbucks on Heping across from Daan park the other week with my laptop as was in the area, and it was shit. Feels considerably older and shabby than the taiwan upstarts, drinks double on price, have to wait for your drink (unlike the buzzers at Louisa) and there were hardly any power points for charging. Don’t see how it can survive, especially as a lot of them have these kind of marquee locations.

Louisa and Cama are way too good now and half the price

5 Likes

Dreamers is excellent and great for working in

3 Likes

Advantage of that location: a nice view of the park from the second floor.

That being said, I agree completely with all your observations.

Guy

1 Like

I had their ginger flavored latte once. It was really good

1 Like

Yes agree, but survey results for Starbucks are lower than I expected. Seems local cafes doing well, also some nice regional ones here in South,

2 Likes

^This one is very good. The ice cube is made of tea.

https://www.maculife.com.tw/product_list.asp
Macu is also good but the calories of their signature item (mango/strawberry/grape cheese smoothie) are insane so I don’t drink it anymore.

I have their lemon zest green tea all the time. It’s brilliant.

3 Likes

I’m not sure I believe that.

Ginger latte?

I’m suspicious

Believe that it exists, or believe that it’s good?

I like Macu and the fruit drinks, though not as cheap as 50. (There is Macu& 50 right next to each other near me so I always think if want spend more for Macu. Also I also am happy to have choices but 50 was there a long time and now the new Macu is next to it seems 50 lost a lot of business)

1 Like

The latter. You can buy beetroot latte in England now. And turmeric latte. :nauseated_face:

GTFO.

1 Like

That could really help dextoxify things!

As a seller, you could even market it as “protection against COVID”—at least until the authorities shut this down. :slightly_smiling_face:

Guy

Yeah but ginger

1 Like

Sounds nasty. :see_no_evil: