What is your favorite drink shop? (you can choose two)

Maçu has a bunch of mango selections for summer now and I love mango stuff.

Is turmeric popular now?

We have large Indian communities so turmeric has always been popular here. In winter people mix it with milk to help with sore throats.

Some bastard called it a super food so now white people/ trendy prats can buy a turmeric latte in Starbucks.

3 Likes

Sounds interesting, will have try if I go back to England.

2 Likes

So maybe will back sometime this year, besides Starbucks any local shops there with a good drink?

2 Likes

Where will you be staying, Connie? Local for me is Hampton Hill.

As much as I want to give local shops some business, I love cold brew coffee and most don’t offer it. Iced coffee is no replacement for cold brew so usually I stick with Starbucks just because of that.

1 Like

Had to search the place, is far out! I will come into town from the South Coast then the train to Liverpool after some meetings in the city, so near London Euston Station I will have some time t I hope visit some public/street day/night markets like Marylebone Farmers’ Market or others and can try turmic coffee, or maybe in the South.

2 Likes

Then you are going to have a lot of fun. I think you will be the one giving recommendations to me. :hugs:

2 Likes

Thanks for telling me/us about this coffee drink !!

2 Likes
3 Likes

Today’s drink shop anecdote: Just got finished with a bike ride, it’s hot today, so I stopped at a drink shop by my house for a grapefruit green tea.

I ordered, but the clerk looked at me puzzled and said they didn’t have it. Now, I know this shop has it because I’ve ordered it before. Don’t mess with the tired and hot foreigner!

I smugly point to it on the menu.

Clerk looks and says, “Oh, 葡萄柚 (grapefruit)”

Whereby I wanted to crawl in a hole and die.

I had forgotten one word and ordered 葡萄 (grape). What a dumbass.

6 Likes

Never made sense to me that they’re called grapefruit. Apparently it’s because they grow in clusters like grapes.

1 Like

Mandarin speakers seemingly don’t make mental leaps, when it comes to language.

I went into my local shop yesterday and the guy said, “we are out of Amstel,” before I even opened my mouth. :joy:

1 Like

Is this a joke? I lived in Guatemala, and so far, in over 15 years in Taiwan, I’ve only tasted a single cup of coffee comparable with what you’ll get on the average street corner there, a shop in Neihu that ground coffee and retailed it to other shops.

1 Like

Thankfully Guatemala remains one of our treasured diplomatic allies, a friendship which seems to come with some benefits.

Of course roasting and brewing are other matters . . .

Guy

Comparing Taiwan to a country that produces some of the best beans isn’t that fair of a comparison imo.

1 Like

Thanks, I will try visit with a friend from Taiwan (she is working there). The colour is so interesting, hope the taste is good too. Up in Liverpool see what drinks they have too (maybe see what local breakfast tea they have or flat white. Too many choices) , maybe you have suggestions.

Guinness. :hugs::yum:

There’s a local dish called Scouse you can try.

https://www.visitliverpool.com/blog/read/2022/02/where-to-try-scouse-liverpools-favourite-dish-b354

There is also a pretty decent Chinese quarter in Liverpool.

I saw this, the combo looks great, too its so far out
Icon Coffee - Google Maps

1 Like