What is Your Favorite Rockumentary?

I’ll have to check that one out. I love a good punk Rockumentary!

Lately…Back and Forth about the Foo Fighters.

That Lemmy doco was pretty good watching, too.

[quote=“citizen k”]

That Lemmy doco was pretty good watching, too.[/quote]
I’ve got that one coming in right now. Lemmy’s biography White Line Fever was excellent. I think I have it kicking around somewhere here in my den.

[quote=“k.k.”][quote=“citizen k”]

I’ve got that one coming in right now. Lemmy’s biography White Line Fever was excellent. I think I have it kicking around somewhere here in my den.[/quote]

I have been in a cave. I have not heard of Lemmy. :blush:

[quote=“landshark”][quote=“k.k.”][quote=“citizen k”]

I’ve got that one coming in right now. Lemmy’s biography White Line Fever was excellent. I think I have it kicking around somewhere here in my den.[/quote]

I have been in a cave. I have not heard of Lemmy. :blush:[/quote]

Eat the Rich baby. Motorhead.

[quote=“k.k.”][quote=“citizen k”]

Have you seen the Anvil doco? It’s a real life Spinal Tap.

Two others that come to mind are the White Stripes’ tour through the northern territories of Canada and a sit down with Jack White, Jimmy Page and Dave Evans called “This May Get Loud”. Both fun to watch, the latter with a lot of insight as to how they each approach their individual styles and sounds. Very cool.

Seconded on that one. There’s a cool scene where Jack White and The Edge look like starstruck teenagers when Jimmy Page plays for them - the look on their faces is priceless.

Maybe not so much a rockumentary, but Song Remains The Same is legend. Lots of behind the scenes stuff, snippets of the foursome with family, and concert footage of course.

The name escapes me at the moment, but there’s a great Iron Maiden documentary out there as well. It’s lurking somewhere on my hard drive, a good recap of the band from their humble roots to super-stardom.

More suggestions…

http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/2011/oct/02/rock-documentaries-harrison-scorsese-metallica

[quote=“k.k.”]Maybe not so much a rockumentary, but Song Remains The Same is legend. Lots of behind the scenes stuff, snippets of the foursome with family, and concert footage of course.

The name escapes me at the moment, but there’s a great Iron Maiden documentary out there as well. It’s lurking somewhere on my hard drive, a good recap of the band from their humble roots to super-stardom.[/quote]

Cheers for the Led Zeppelin link. Have always liked them, Jimmy Page, what can you say, he’s still the man.

Isn’t this thread supposed to be about real rockumentaries?

There is a new one about Pearl Jam called 20 that is worth a watch if you are a fan,

There’s a new one about Rush called Beyond the Lighted Stage.

The Song Remains the Same is what made me start playing guitar.

Page was great in It Might Get Loud, as was Jack White (who I didn’t really know much about before that). However, the Edge sucked. He looked so out of his depth when the other two were jamming, and his playing lacked the same kind of balls and passion. He’s also a shit guitarist who hides just how shit he is by doing that one thing, drenching it in special effects and building euphoria in every bloody song. He has to be the worst, most overrated guitarist in a major band ever. I cannot stand him or his shitty band or Bono’s shitty activism. U2 have to be the worst fucking thing in music for the past thirty years. At least with crap like Justin Bieber it’s unashamedly shit.

Once again, it takes Rollins to speak the truth (though I have heard even better anti-U2 rants from him):

My favourite rockumentary is probably The Decline of Western Civilization Part II: The Metal Years

Here is a classic scene (watch from 2:40 onwards :roflmao: ):

1 Like

Isn’t this thread supposed to be about real rockumentaries?[/quote]

It was real, wasn’t it?

Isn’t this thread supposed to be about real rockumentaries?[/quote]

It was real, wasn’t it?[/quote]
How can it be real rockumentary when the people in it weren’t even using their real names and heavily made up? The only band that is allowed to do that is KISS.

The Decline of Western Civilization Part II: The Metal Years is the real This is Spinal Tap, and even funnier for it. One of the smartest guys I knew at university was massively into metal, but also realised how completely ridiculous it was as a genre in the main. He constantly raved about the documentary and would impersonate the people in it to the point where he actually took me to the library one day and insisted I borrow the video. It’s definitely worth watching. It’s on Youtube.

In fact, I think I might try to watch this again tomorrow.