What is Your Favorite Rockumentary?

Isn’t this thread supposed to be about real rockumentaries?[/quote]

It was real, wasn’t it?[/quote]
How can it be real rockumentary when the people in it weren’t even using their real names and heavily made up? The only band that is allowed to do that is KISS.[/quote]

Good point. I’m off to listen to The Best of Bowie.

Actually, a tad off topic, I’m beginning to share Pete Waterman’s view that greatest hits albums are the best albums anyone makes. Value for money wise they definitely make sense. Who needs Revolver or Abbey Road when you can get The Best Of…

Why not just make such a great album that it is a Best of? Or, why not only make one album, so it could be a Best of?

Isn’t this thread supposed to be about real rockumentaries?[/quote]

It was real, wasn’t it?[/quote]
How can it be real rockumentary when the people in it weren’t even using their real names and heavily made up? The only band that is allowed to do that is KISS.[/quote]

Good point. I’m off to listen to The Best of Bowie.

Actually, a tad off topic, I’m beginning to share Pete Waterman’s view that greatest hits albums are the best albums anyone makes. Value for money wise they definitely make sense. Who needs Revolver or Abbey Road when you can get The Best Of…[/quote]
I understand, but don’t entirely agree with this point as the order in which songs appear on their original albums is of importance. Also, many great songs don’t become “hits”.

I just saw The Runaways on HBO. It was a fairly decent look at the rise of Joan Jett’s original band. Not really a rockumentary, but a decent movie.

OK, so, this is a little off subject but speaking of the Runaways or all girls bands. Can anyone guess (without googling) the first all-female band that both wrote their own songs and played their own instruments to top the Billboard album charts? It surprised me. And no cheating!

The Bangles? It’s probably something like the Supremes.

The Supremes play instruments? :smiley:

No, they don’t, but I figured it would be some weird technicality like on one song they all played tambourines or something. Admittedly, I’m not really up on my all female bands, which is why the Bangles were the only band I could think of.

Walk Like an Egyptian is a good guess. :thumbsup:

Manic Monday?

Trick question…yet to happen?

Hey, I like the Bangles. And I had a big crush on Susana Hoffs when I was younger :slight_smile: .

She’s still hot. Have you seen her recently?

Probably the Go-Go’s.

Probably the Go-Go’s.[/quote]

You’ve got it! It is the go go’s. What made you think of them?

YOu know what? ABBA had a movie once and it was a concert movie . And i thought they were awesome. But the cameraman kept zooming in on the blond girls ass. And I still got that ass in my head. Whats her name again?

It’s funny. Thinking back about the girls in bands that seemed so hot. Pat Bennitar, Blondie, Go Go’s… am I showing my age? Now, when you see their old photos most don’t stand the test of time.but some were still fairly hot.

Also my sister thought Leif Garret (SP? I don’t care enough to look it up) was so hot. Scary!

What do you think? What where your top Crushes from when you were young?

It’s funny. Thinking back about the girls in bands that seemed so hot. Pat Bennitar, Blondie, Go Go’s… am I showing my age? Now, when you see their old photos most don’t stand the test of time.but some were still fairly hot.

Also my sister thought Leif Garret (SP? I don’t care enough to look it up) was so hot. Scary!

What do you think? What where your top Crushes from when you were young?[/quote]
If I were the cameraman,I would do the same thing. Have you seen any recent photos of Leif Garret? They could practically make you go blind, and they were probably taken in prison.

What do you think? What where your top Crushes from when you were young?[/quote]
If I were the cameraman,I would do the same thing. Have you seen any recent photos of Leif Garret? They could practically make you go blind, and they were probably taken in prison.[/quote]

I thought his pictures as a teen pop star were bad enough.

This one is pretty good:

Have you seen Metallica: Some Kind of Monster. It is a fantastic real life version of Spinal Tap, plus you see at the end how a record as horrible of St. Anger, became so bad. I highly recommend it.

edit: wrote the wrong name of the album