What just happened? Everything is different

Here’s a plugin we may want to keep an eye on in the near future: use LLM (a ChatGPT-type of AI) to automatically summarize long threads

I imagine the feature to work like this:

• when reading a long thread for the first time (long defined with a setting) that has never been summarised, suggest to summarise it on demand.
  • the summarisation would be inserted in the thread (eg: everything before is summarized)
  • it is linked from the top of the thread (eg: jump to the summary)
  • ideally, there is some :+1: :-1: feedback mechanism
  • after N more replies, offer to publish a new summary and update the link at the top.
  • the plugin would be configured with an openai key (assuming this is the LLM used). Eventually, if it proves successful, you would want to offer access to different mode
4 Likes

Maybe you guys didn’t notice, but you can customize the sidebar and add the categories, tags, and chat channels you like for easy access.
I guess that’s a good thing!

6 Likes

seems simple. I was a bit shocked too. 300 something hearts all at once. turns out they were the ones I didn’t pay attention to. or I assume that’s why, many are quite old. the way I avoided this problem was by not clicking it :upside_down_face:

I basically just stick to the new topics/unread then check the sub forums I am interested in. so far that aspect hasn’t seemed to be changed.

the new stuff is cool as long as it is technically possible to easily just ignore.

1 Like

Choice is great. you just underestimate the lazy folk, such as myself, that dont want to read things and figure it out… that’s probably the root of the problem :thinking:

1 Like

id like to see that in action.

Awesome release. Everything looks great, including the chat.

4 Likes

I normally click only on ‘latest’ or the sandwich menu. Now needing to do a few steps after reading posts to get to the same result is too much. And it’s confusing that the sandwich thing is replaced by chat.

I thought the new changes kind of sucked at first, but after using them for a while now…

Yeah, they still suck.

4 Likes

7 Likes

Muscle memory, bad!

I asked ChatGPT: write a 200 word summary of this discourse thread Richart - The first almost/kinda/marginally/minuscularly foreigner friendly bank

And here’s its reply:

The discourse thread titled “Richart: The First Almost, Kinda, Marginally, Minuscularly Foreigner-Friendly Bank?” on the Taiwan Forumosa website discusses the experiences of foreigners in Taiwan when dealing with banks. The discussion centers around a new bank called Richart, which claims to be the first foreigner-friendly bank in Taiwan.

Some users have expressed frustration with the difficulties of opening a bank account in Taiwan as a foreigner, including the need for a local guarantor and language barriers. They have also shared their experiences of being turned away by banks due to their lack of local identification or residency. Others have shared positive experiences with Richart, noting its English-language services and streamlined account-opening process.

Several users have questioned the legitimacy of Richart and whether it is truly a foreigner-friendly bank or simply using the label as a marketing ploy. Some have also expressed concerns about the bank’s lack of experience and track record in the industry.

Overall, the thread highlights the challenges that foreigners face when navigating the banking system in Taiwan and the potential benefits and drawbacks of a bank specifically catering to their needs.

Now do it in a Cockney accent

I’m sorry, but as an AI language model, I am not capable of producing spoken language with accents. However, I can try to write a response in a Cockney dialect, if that’s what you meant:

Oi, sorry guvna, but I ain’t able to produce spoken lingo wiv accents. ‘Owever, I can ‘ave a crack at writin’ a response in a Cockney dialect, if that’s wot yer lookin’ fer:

Blimey, mate! I can’t do a proper Cockney accent, but I can give it a go in me typing! So, this ‘ere thread’s all abaht Richart, innit? They’s claimin’ to be the first bank in Taiwan wot’s proper friendly-like to us foreigners. But some of these Forumosa users reckon it’s all a load of old pony, if you get me drift. They’ve ‘ad problems openin’ bank accounts in Taiwan, and Richart sounds too good to be true, so they’re suspicious-like.

But then there’s others who reckon Richart’s the dog’s bollocks. They say it’s got English-language services and an easy-as-pie account-openin’ process. It’s a proper game-changer for us expats who’ve struggled with the local banks, innit? But still, some of these users ain’t convinced. They reckon Richart might be a dodgy outfit wot’s tryin’ to take advantage of us poor foreigners who don’t know no better. So, there you have it, mate! The jury’s still out on whether Richart’s the real deal or not.

Write the summary as a haiku

Foreigner’s struggle
Richart claims to be the first bank
Debate goes on still

10 Likes

Now do “what does Chewy think about English teachers in Taiwan! “

:grimacing:

the day I see people not jumping onto the chatgpt bandwagon as if it were, like, so fetch, is the day I start regaining hope into the logged in humanity!

will be a good day. those write ups make even my worst of days typos look like top journal entries. what the fuck is going on with people? have we not been warned billions of times? Does one truly need to insert retarded “Idiocracy movie memes” to point out the obvious???

I like the chat room option though. I miss the new posts section though :frowning: now i need to read and click for 15 more seconds…boo!

Those machine generated posts are better than about 90% of the human generated posts on this site.

F&ck. :neutral_face:

Guy

1 Like

Damn…

1 Like

A tad on the harsh side.

I would support this percentage for the Covid threads.

Or the DPP.

Or Michael Turton.

:rofl:

Guy

1 Like

probably just a tad though, right? we can all admit it.

Speak for yourself, eh!

1 Like

The new menu bar & profile thingy thing are a pain in the arse.

3 Likes