What movie traumatized you as a kid?

I was like 30 when I first saw that and it freaked me out. That guy’s (Travis?) ordeal was wack. The scene with the eyeball probe? That bothered me for weeks.

2 Likes

I saw this last year but Watership Down must be pretty traumatising for children. It’s really good though.

Show it to your kids lol.

The Japanese original The Ring

I had a old TV at the time. I guess there was some wires shorting or something, it would turn on and off randomly at times. The TV turned off on me when the girl was crawling out the Tv in the movie. :scream:

6 Likes

:rofl:

It messed me up for a while. I wasn’t a kid that got scared from scary movies, but that made me so freaked out for a while.

2 Likes

The one from 40 years ago?! God no! The more recent Netflix one is probably ok.

I loved the book Watership Down when I was a kid, but even seeing a picture book of the film was terrifying. My mom quite sensibly decided “Wait a few years until you can handle it.” That day may never come.

The more you speak the more I laugh. You got me laughing staring at my phone :joy:
I feel for you. I imagined if that happened to me when I was little I would probably piss my pants

That one traumatized me as an adult! :dizzy_face:

The American remake was actually pretty creepy too.

2 Likes

There’s one scene in the remake of The Ring where one of the female characters is taking a shower, sees long black hair being washed down the drain, and feels the girl’s hand coming out of her hair as she washes it. That scared me a little. Had me checking outside the shower curtain intermittently as I took a shower just to see if that spooky bitch was crawling out my toilet.

1 Like

THE EXORCIST and the Omen

1 Like

Yeah that one. It’s brutal and amazing.

Interesting that there are no slasher flicks so far (well, unless Cruising counts). Mostly supernatural and sci-fi.

I watched a marathon of the Saw series around the time that was popular and was traumatized by how stupid it was.

2 Likes

Ha, I guess that counts.

I wouldn’t say it traumatized me, but Texas Chainsaw Massacre was pretty freaky. I always kind of worried when I drove to these places in Texas. But tbh, the movie doesn’t really look like it’s in Texas, maybe like Georgia or other southern states.

2 Likes

TCM is notable for many reasons, but especially for being set in broad daylight and still being very scary and exciting.

1 Like

The original was pretty good, but saw it in my teens, so impossible to be traumatized. For a teenage guy, the more twisted the better.

I haven’t seen a movie that really freaked me out in a long time. Maybe a few scenes, but thats about it.

Salò or the 100 Days of Sodom, anyone? Had to turn that fucker off halfway through. But maybe I can appreciate it now that I have a better understanding of fascism.

There’s also an extended and extremely violent/basically unwatchable rape scene in Irréversible. God I hate Noé. Fucking hack.

I’m so jaded these days that nothing scares me, but body horror can still gross me out.