What Movies Are You Watching? (2015)

The 5 Armies trailer looked like it was programmed on a Playstation. Obvious CGI. It was a bit depressing, as I loved LOTR. I might sit out Hobbit III and wait for Jupiter Ascending. Premieres Feb 4.

Saw AMERICAN SNIPER. Worth seeing. Realistic looking. Just saw PADDINGTON . Cute !

Bullshit movie about a psychopathetic (sic) liar, directed by a has been that has totally lost the plot. Sienna Miller is good in it tho.

rollingstone.com/politics/ne … e-20150121

I hope you have seen the movie and are commenting after doing so. I rather dislike people commenting strongly on movies they haven’t seen. Just sayin.

And I rather dislike people who suck up pap and drivel like so much high fructose syrup and regurgitate it all over the internet. Just sayin.

Yes I saw the movie and wish I could get my 2 hours back. Did I not say Sienna Miller was good? Stuff your sanctimony up your arse.

Friendly :slight_smile:… Movie must have hit a nerve with ya. Its just entertainment. Its all fluff and out to make money. You expected it to reweave your moral fiber or something?

Films doing well in the box office though. Its even doing well in the Arab world. Whatever that means.

And yes, you obviously saw it as you said Sienna was good. And she was. Cute too.

What was your point? Toe wrote his opinions and you challenged if he had even seen the film. Then you accuse him of not being friendly and say movies are just fluff and he should chill out. Are you low on logic at the moment?

Anyway, your review of American Sniper in your blog, ahem, ADVENTURE thread went something like this…"The movie was nice. The acting was good. The scenes were nice. The drama was good. One of the people in it was a woman. I liked her face and body. I paid 18 dollars for each seat which was nice and good. I ate 37 pieces of salted popcorn. My wife had 41 pieces. I dont mind that she ate just over half as I need to lose weight. The popcorn seller was nice. I spent six dollars on gas. Go see it!’

Whatever LOL> YEs , i wasn’t targetting him specifically, i just wanted to say i hope he saw the film before giving a strong view. And missed the line where it would appear he saw it . MEa Culpa.

Its all just fluff dude. I saw PADDINGTON right after AMERICAN SNIPER.

So what does that say? Its all just entertainment.

Who knows how much of it is real and how much of it is not.

PADDINGTON certainly isn’t real. Unless you believe in Talking Teddy Bears.

This movie AMERICAN SNIPER seems to make people snippitty.

p…s saying something to the effect of “stuff it up your arse” is not to me at least a “friendly” remark. But maybe it is to you english folk, Who knows. Americans and English separated by a common language.

Idea:

PADDINGTON SNIPER.

Idea:

PADDINGTON SNIPER.[/quote]

Nick Cage has already signed on to the project.

I don’t know how American movie houses stay alive really. Just came back from a 910 pm showing of STRANGE MAGIC. Which had really good life like animation. But not sure it will be a hit as it had no orginal songs. And all the songs were quite old, not sure that will appeal to the NOW generation.

But there was only something like 7 people (including the two of us) in the theatre. And this lack of an audience is quite the norm.

In Taiwan the movie houses are all at least half full to totally full, all the time IIRC.

Nick ‘Midas touch’ Cage? Plz tell him no thx. He ruined the Wicker Man. BTW why do Americans have to remake excellent British movies?

Jupiter Ascending AKA Cinderella in Space is the only flick worth seeing this winter. Does anyone know if the Samsung IMAX in Zhongshan any good?

:astonished: There is an IMAX in Zhongshan? :astonished:

:banana: :yay:

You mean Zhongshan, Taipei?

Yes. I mean this place:

bigmoviezone.com/txshows/theaters/?uniq=818

miramarcinemas.com/index.aspx

[quote=“HenHaoChi”]Yes. I mean this place:

bigmoviezone.com/txshows/theaters/?uniq=818

miramarcinemas.com/index.aspx[/quote]

Oh, that is not Zhongshan. That is in Neihu, dear. And it is awesome, yes. But in Miramar, Neihu. Next to the MRT stop, Jianan Road station, but still, way out there.

Zhongshan to me is downtown Taipei. Confusing to say the least, stretching the district all the way to Neihu.

:cry:

Thanks for the travel tip. I rarely leave Danshui. Unless there is a special reason to visit that loathsome, copypaste metropolis.

The Miramar complex has a shuttle directly from Jiantan Station, which is a one ride for you, so no need to transfer MRT 'like me.

Awesome! I am clueless with cinemas. So you can get off the shuttle and eat in Shilin afterwards. Should be a hell of an experience. It’s released in Taiwan before almost any other country, so people who catch the afternoon show will be among the first to see it worldwide. I’ve a feeling JA will be a huge film, and polarize critics for the next decade or so…

Each trailer is slightly different:

dailymail.co.uk/news/article … ation.html

Clints doing alright at the box office, guess that is all that really matters to movie makers.

[quote]Wifey and I went to see American SNIPER yesterday. And just for superking, the matinee price for the movie tickets were 15.50 for the two of us :bow: That followed lunch at Sweet Tomatoes. Which basically involves one going one pass through a salad line (one pass only) and then you have free access to ice cream, some fruits, 8 different soups, unlimited pasta, baked potatoes, etc. And that was bout 23 for the two of us.

The movie was good. Clint Eastwood did a good job. The actors were great. It was all very realistic. The leading lady was cute. Go see the movie.[/quote]