What Movies Are You Watching (2019)

Watched Old Boy again, probably 5th time now but I am always very touched and disturbed by this masterpiece.

3 Likes

FROZEN II.

Stay to the end of the credits.

1 Like

Is this out already?? Thought it wasn’t out for another week or so. Going to take my daughter to it when I can, but I think I’ll enjoy it almost as much as she will.

One of my all-time favorite movies. There’s not many movies I can watch over and over again. But this is one of them. The “twist” is pretty well-known now, but it knocked the wind out of me when I first watched it. Awesome score and cinematography too.

The American remake was trash, eh? At least they tried to keep the twist, I guess…

1 Like

Split, with an amazing James McAvoy. Entertaining stuff.

11/22

Don’t normally talk about this but at the film reception where in this case were actual young children brought out by their parents, the children got really confused when at one point I turned around and almost lost it when Idina Menzel was standing behind me.

I’ve worked with my share of actors mind you, so I totally didn’t expect my brain to be ringing with “that’s Princess Elsa!” and get pumped over meeting a voice actor; found it tough to let it go. It was an odd moment for me. Half the young children didn’t believe their parents when they told them she was Princess Elsa.

That whole trilogy is criminally underrated and dismissed. Old Boy does get it’s props from film buffs but Lady Vengeance is excellent as well.

1 Like

Oh I need to watch the other two, forgot about them somehow.

2 Likes

Watched the new live-action Lady and the Tramp movie on Disney+ earlier with the kids. It’s cute enough. It makes sense for them to release it there. It’s probably one of the less interesting remakes they’ve done but still okay.

You can watch all three here Tubi is the largest free movie and TV streaming service in the US. We are not available in Europe due to changes in EU laws.

If tubitv works in your region. Hope it does!

Yes, Lady Vengeance is amazing. Nothing is as awesome as Old Boy, but it’s definitely up there. The main actress is terrific.

I thought Sympathy for Mr Vengeance was okay, but it was a little more amateurish. Definitely my least favorite of the three, but it still had its moments.

Have you guys seen JSA?

1 Like

What’s JSA?

And I feel the same about all three, you nailed it.

1 Like

Oh man, if you like Park Chan-wook you HAVE to see JSA (or Joint Security Area). It’s my second favorite Korean film after Old Boy. I can’t recommend it enough.

Here’s the wiki link.

1 Like

I’m in luck. It’s playing on TubiTv :dancer: So I’ll watch this weekend.

Have you seen Steel Rain? Really good Kflick along same lines. Steel Rain - Wikipedia

1 Like

I forgot to mention that the female star in JSA is the same one who plays Lady Vengeance.

I have not seen ‘Steel Rain.’ But it looks like it’s on Netflix, so I’ll check it out soon! :+1:

1 Like

Has anybody mentioned The Handmaiden yet? Because that is also excellent. May look boring on the surface but it’s soooo not.

Is it better than the book? I wasn’t impressed at all by the book.

I haven’t read it but I feel like I heared it was pretty faithful except for a couple of points.

Thanks will give it a try.

1 Like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOzFZxB-8cw

It was OK.

I have no interest. I’m tired of all these sequels coming out 30 years after the classic original… I don’t care if this is based on a new Stephen King book either. Besides 11.22.63, he hasn’t written anything memorable in a couple decades now.