What Movies Are You Watching (2019)

Where can I see this film? I needs to see me it.

Funny you say that, he’s since confessed that when they did Twilight, he thought it was this little, edgy indie film. Never expected it to blow up like it did.

It’s been out since Oct. Not wide though, so probs an indie/arthouse theater and not a multiplex

But the film’s heavy German expressionist style and lack of a clear, primary narrative plot also risks alienating those who don’t appreciate sitting 2 hours for “art.”

LOL that’s exactly what I got from the trailer. I thought the same thing. The camera angles, spare set designed, and if I remember correctly the whole “what! What? What!” part back and forth is going to fly right over folks head.

He is in the new Netflix movie The King as the Delphine of France. I thought he did pretty good there.

Atlantics

On the Waterfront, which I thought was merely OK. Didn’t really get what the big fuss was about.

It’s a Wonderful Life, which was awesome and really fun to watch.

Suddenly, Last Summer, whose ending was a bit stupid but the buildup was good and the cast was strong (apart from Monty Clift, who is usually a favourite of mine but he dropped the ball here big time).

I think that film is more lauded for Brando’s acting than the actual story. Remember, this was a time when no one was doing method acting in big Hollywood films except Brando.

Well that’s the thing. I didn’t think he was particularly outstanding in it. Eva Marie Saint was better.

Andy Murray: Resurfacing (2019)

(https://www.imdb.com/title/tt11243364/)

I watched Knives Out yesterday and I was thoroughly entertained. For me, this is what going out to the movies should be.

2 Likes

It get like 8 stars very high.

Ok, I watched Frozen 2. I went for the English original, it was great. The songs are great. I see the hidden themes they wanted to tell, but couldn’t quite finish tell them in a satisfying manner since it is after all still a Disney animation targeted at kids and selling merchandise. Still, it was a nice effort.

What I really want to say is I later discovered songs from the Taiwanese dubbed version, and they are amazing. The singer herself also sang as Nala and Jasmine.

For me, it sucked. Waste of time. Just another same plot Whodunnit.

And the long drawn-out 30-minute summary with fake southern American accent at the end was boring as hell.

Deleted.

Love & Basketball on Netflix :tada::tada:

2 Likes

Just saw ‘Baby Driver’ (2017) on Netflix. It wasn’t that deep, but it was pretty original and a lot of fun. And I didn’t check the time once.
8.5/10

2 Likes

Yeah, that was a fun one for sure.

1 Like

Was nice seeing Jon Hamm getting out of his classy Mad Men persona to turn rogue. Would love to see more movies with him as a villain.

1 Like

If you haven’t seen it yet, the Black Mirror episode with Hamm, “White Christmas”, is fantastic. It does sort of keep the Mad Men persona, but also turns him villain.

1 Like

Watched Last Christmas last night… Laughed so hard. And the Targaryen girl is pleasing on the eyes…