What Movies Are You Watching (2019)

hqdefault this one?

God, I google image searched Nicolas cage driving. Apparently this is a movie. Anyone seen it?

:astonished: there was a time when Nicolas Cage was in every possible movie he could.

2 Likes

2 Likes

Yeah that one. Same thing really. :grin:

There’s still that time believe me.

1 Like

I have read awful things about Cats. This one is one of my favorites.

Other contenders:

1 Like

Wow, sounds great. I’m going to have to see this…and I hated the musical.

I saw the musical on Broadway in the 80s.

I remember liking it at the time, but… I was 5. :man_shrugging:

That would’ve freaked the hell out of me if I saw it when I was five. I’m still traumatized from seeing Tommy when I was like eight.

1 Like

Then I’m glad I didn’t see Tommy until I was 19. Midnight double feature with Rocky Horror Picture Show. Now THAT was a memorable experience! (I love both movies, by the way, but probably just for the nostalgia)

2 Likes

My first movie experience was Games of Death. Bruce Lee made me fall in love with all things Asian.

1 Like

Saw Ford vs Ferrari in the cinema, fantastic on the big screen.

1 Like

I’ve had so many great things about it. Unfortunately, I’ll probably have to wait until it’s on Netflix/iTunes. :disappointed:

Yeah he was good in that.

Uncut Gems

It’s been getting a lot of hype. It’s been out a couple of weeks maybe. It is mostly hype. KG is mad cool though.

It’s one of those films which has it all in my book, an interesting story, great action, the actors seemed to enjoy themselves , director puts you in the driving seat in parts, keeps the pacing going. My kids mostly loved it as well.

I watched the Amanda Knox documentary on Netflix. Wow, that happened 30min away from me. Crazy stuff.

Been wanting to see that.

I saw Knives Out and thought it was pretty fun if a bit predictable.

I also saw Parasite and thought it was half a masterpiece. It went downhill once the Kims let the old housekeeper in.

I also saw Marriage Story and thought it was decent albeit forgettable. Alan Alda was great, though.

I also saw The Farewell and thought it was fine though a bit emotionally manipulative and preaching. The notion that all Chinese families would choose to lie about a terminal illness is pretty preposterous. Awkwafina was surprisingly good even though I still find her stage name to be stupid as shit. The grandma was even better.

Then finally, I saw The Leopard, now that’s a great one. 1963>>>>>2019.