What Movies Are You Watching (2019)

Sure didn’t seem like the point of the post to me. I thought you went in on Gain completely unnecessarily.

Gain is just being Gain. Bluntly stating his thoughts and opinions. That’s his MO. Why draw these baseless conclusions about his character?

Also pretty bad form to use a need for therapy as a joke and/or insult. Lots of people get therapy, and the ones who don’t, should. It’s nothing to be ashamed about.

It’s… Very cool to look at. Her CG eyes and mouth creep me out, especially those gums/teeth, and it’s not like I can ignore them since they’re right on her face.

The dialogue is kinda really wooden and the script needs a lot of polishing.

If you don’t watch it in the theaters to experience the full scale of the visuals and (amazing) sound design, then you can probably skip it for good because it may not be worth your time on a tv.

That’s on you :call_me_hand:

Then you’d need to define what “thoughts and opinions” are as opposed to “attack”.

I’d like to direct you to your own words :point_down:

Wrong

I need therapy. Mildly ashamed. ¯\ _ (ツ)_/¯

I’ve said my piece and I think I’ve been clear enough, so I’m out.

The last time I thought a Tarantino movie looked good was Pulp Fiction, so I’m excited, even though it probably sucked too

If he didn’t have so many annoying fanboys I wouldn’t mind him, but since he does, yes he’s massively overrated.

I don’t really follow new releases so Idk.

I like Jackie Brown and Inglourious Basterds.

I liked Pulp Fiction :slight_smile: He’s had some ok films since then, I like the two you mention, but nothing I’ve gone nuts over.

I don’t really mind Pulp Fiction but the fanboys are legit too much.

Oh man. I think I finally pinned you down. How you feel about Tarantino sounds just like how I feel about la la land.

Ughhh… Annoying. :joy:

I feel the same way about Christopher Nolan and Martin Scorsese.

Maybe a little. But I think their (at least public) personas aren’t quite as… abundant… that it becomes almost distracting to their work.

I remember enjoying the first 20 minutes or so of this. The little pre-main storyline vignette where he goes to that house and has a drink with the owner while the family of Jews are all hiding under the floorboards. That part is pretty memorable.

But I also just really liked watching Christoph Waltz. A compelling villain is important. In the same vein, Michael Shannon was the main thing that kept me watching The Shape of Water.

Yes indeed. Some great scenes in there and the other one

Michael Shannon was the main thing that kept me watching The Shape of Water.

Sounds interesting, he was awesome in Boardwalk Empire

I speak the 2nd best Italian in my house right now.

https://youtu.be/dojZx82n73U

1 Like

He really makes you feel the protagonists’ terror and hatred and you share their desire to see him defeated. I think it’s worth seeing the movie just to watch him go.

I think Kill Bill really has its moments. You definitely need to watch them back to back to get the full effect though.

2 Likes

All I can think of is…:foot::foot::foot::foot::foot::foot:

Uma is pretty fun to watch, though. Too bad she married him and stuff. All that drama.

This pretty much sums up what I liked about the movie. Unfortunately, the film as a whole doesn’t really work, and the Brad Pitt and Eli Roth characters were just really annoying.

Ah! I knew I couldn’t be the only person getting sick of Brad Pitt.

I don’t know what it is. I’m just kinda tired of him.

Christopher Waltz was great and I also liked Mélanie Laurent and Diane Kruger.