What movies are you watching? (2021)

It took about ten beats (so to speak) for me to even notice she has a mouth.

2 Likes

I wish I could un see what you did there

1 Like

As they say in Mandarin, “有畫面.”

Darkman. New on Netflix in Taiwan, I’ve seen it before but it is worth a rewatch. If you like Sam Raimi (which I do) and as long as you can watch an action-comedy where the comedy isn’t too obvious (like Evil Dead, for example), then you might enjoy seeing a young Liam Neeson kick some ass. Lances McDormand went on to do some good things, and of course Ted Raimi has a role.

This movie made me so uncomfortable. Ann Dowd was so good in it.

I haven’t seen many movies recently because A Little Life destroyed me and I’ve been reading too much. The best recent watch is The Father, which is great. Genius direction, brilliant script, incredible set design, and both Olivia Colman and Anthony Hopkins rocked the shit out of it. Esp. Hopkins. It’s his career best work. Even better than Hannibal Lector.

Judas and the Black Messiah is very good, too. Harrowing, brutal stuff.

2 Likes

‘Heavy Metal’ (1981) WTF did I just watch??! Not even sure where to start with this animated rock opera… or what to grade it. It had some awesome rotoscoped animation, but the stories tying everything together were just kinda shallow, juvenile eye candy. 6.5/10

1 Like

I loved that movie! Saw it when it came out. Changed my life, man!

It was fun. Maybe my grade was too harsh. Some vignettes were definitely better than others. The best ones were the first two and then the last one. The middle really dragged though.

Coming out of the 1970s…it was great. Hollywood went through a brief adult animation phase.

It is cool for what it was, but hasn’t aged well. I prefer Rock’n’Rule for something similar, though it doesn’t have the same cult status…

1 Like

It was like an MTV liquid animation cartoon that predated MTV.

1 Like
1 Like

Finally got around to watching Sully. Was a good movie. Weird as I can’t seem to remember this event at all when I was in the US.

I thought it was okay. ‘Flight’ (2012) is very similar, but fictional. Even so, I found it a lot more engaging than ‘Sully.’

I do remember the event at the time. At first it sounded pretty bad. Glad everyone made it out.

Yuh-Jung Youn wins Supporting Actress for Minari at the EE BAFTA Film Awards 2021 and she call British as Snobbish people at the BAFTA

She’s most likely to win the Oscar at this point, which is cool. I find Minari pretty mediocre across the board but she (and Han Yeri) were the highlights. She’s not my personal pick in the lineup, though.

And I really dislike these zoom speeches. They are just really sad to watch.

Note you’re in the 2018 thread. You probably want to put this in the 2021 thread instead, I guess?

EDIT: I won’t delete this, but this post made a lot more sense in its earlier location!

I didn’t find a better topic to post this news, if there is a better topic I have no problem if someone moves it to another more appropriate topic

1 Like

https://tw.forumosa.com/t/what-movies-are-you-watching-2021

2 Likes