What movies are you watching (2022)

It’s on Disney+ in Taiwan.

https://www.justwatch.com/tw/電影/tu-chao-nan-hai

1 Like

We also had a thread on Attun Palalin.

Very informative read. Someone from Taiwan should make a movie of him.

So I burned through the AMC movie catalogue pretty quick. Most of the things I sampled that I hadn’t seen before weren’t interesting enough to watch all the way through or post about. But I did put on some classics that were on in the background (e.g. Clint Eastwood westerns). There was a lot of crossover with the Shudder channel.

Today I added the Super Channel one-week preview, again I’m seeing a lot of the same movies here that are available on Netflix/AMC/Shudder/Amazon. But, have lined up a bunch of classics that are worth turning on again (Citizen Kane, original Evil Dead, Rambo I-IV).

Starting with this one, one of few I’ve tipped to watch that I haven’t already seen. Based on the IMDB rating and the first 5 minutes, will probably just put on Rambo soon!

edit: Yup, that didn’t last. Here’s one that I can go to bed halfway through and not miss anything I haven’t seen, but still a fun flick

1 Like

Nice name check there. Takes me back about 15 years. That film that used to be on TV in Taiwan on a Sunday almost as often as The Rock was.

The unbearable weight of massive Talent

Nicolas Cage plays himself

Getting good and great reviews

Some Nicholas Cage flick I’ve never seen. Mostly whispered dialogue. A smart guy, figuring shit out. Thriller, maybe with angels and devils? :idunno:

The pitch.

Incorrect.

By the way, the best thing about having finally watched No Way Home is that I can now watch videos like body language experts picking Andrew Garfield’s lies apart.

I’m rewatching Forrest Gump because I will use it to talk about American culture to my high school elective class.

It actually has quite a lot of symbolism/depth to it.

4 Likes

So I purchased HBO MAX last night, and between the movie recommendations I saw picture of Tom Hanks with White Hair and a Red Sweater. For a minisec I thought was "Sully " but then saw the movie Title : " A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood "

So I give it a Try… and was a surprise.

Good Acting, good movie and with a good message.

I don’t know if it’s because I could relate a bit with one of the characters on this movie but I really felt some situations with the problems I’m dealing now.

Once the movie ended, I felt so light. It help me more than the Shrink I saw last week for 2200NT haha.

If you check the rating of the movie, it has good reviews.

I must confess, I thought that the main drama would be to expose the darkside or any dirty secret from Mr.Rogers like the new coming Netflix’s “Jimmy Savile A British Horror Story”.

But I was wrong. Actually the movie unmasked my issues lol .

5 Likes

I hope you are ok. Well done for sharing. :hugs:

3 Likes

Can’t wait.

5 Likes

If you want to keep surfing on Mr. Roger’s vibe, there’s actually a good documentary that covers his life and work:

2 Likes

Yes I saw it asap as I finish the movie.

Today kids needs more this type of program instead of Barney … IF Barney it’s still a thing this days lol

1 Like

Kids tend to get dopamine hits as their form of social education (control) these days. Cocomelon is a gateway drug for grown up dopamine sites… TikTok, Insta etc.
Sidetrack: I confess I have mixed feelings about the kudos button on this site, as it’s a dopamine reward (and social control) for saying things that fit in.

2 Likes

Hearing really good things about this one.

4 Likes

Can I be counted as a kid? :face_holding_back_tears: :point_right: :point_left:

That kid from Indiana Jones and The Goonies is all grown up after a 20-year hiatus in his acting career. :astonished:

2 Likes