What movies are you watching (2022)

Is that what the kids called it back then? :thinking:

1 Like

Now it is…

Milking the cow!

Just watched Batman and didn’t like it. He wasn’t right for the role. And his physic is a joke. He’s too small and too skinny. Didn’t even look like he made any efforts to get his body in shape for the role.

And my god. Me and lily were watching and the white privilege line just put us off after. Totally took the immersion away. Like can we just get 3 hours of enjoying a movie in a fictional city without wokness being thrown at us?

1 Like

Loved the first two acts, the third act was weird though. In terms of atmosphere the first two struck the right note, felt like a good noir. But, while in those first 2/3rd the Riddler comes off as a mastermind in full control of what is unfolding–think John Kramer from Saw–as soon as he’s unmasked he turns into a weird cartoonish batman villain from the 90s TV show. The dissonance was real. Something like (kinda spoilery):

The first part was interesting. It was certainly Different. But i just couldn’t enjoy it past that. I didn’t feel like the casting was right for anyone.

Another disappointing lineup on Netflix this month. I’ve put on Ace Ventura for the nostalgia, the Camnibal Corpse scene, and to see if they took away the tranny twist in the same way they robbed me of dark elf Chang

The Northman , great movie!

I didn’t expect too much, one because this Skarsgard after his Tarzan role i thought this movie will be the same acting + Viking Series rip-off.

But end up be a Great movie, his Acting improved a lot and don’t need to talk about the others actors!

The only thing about thia movie that took me by surprise was a “modern life detail” in one scene of the movie haha

Is that in cinemas or streaming in Taiwan now? I thought it wasn’t opening here for another couple of months.

How do you search for that? I normally type in “Recently Added”, and I guess that’s showing me the newest stuff, but I don’t trust Netflix’s search functions. For example, their tab called “Recently Added” most certainly isn’t limited to recent additions.

The trending and popular categories usually catch the new ones right away, i scroll through those looking for the big green NEW. Sorry i do t have a better solution

1 Like

Saw a bunch of oldies. Most were quite good. A Letter to Three Wives was the best. The screenplay is unparalleled.

The Bridge on the River Kwai, The Seventh Seal, To Have and Have Not, and Letter from an Unknown Woman were all tremendous, too.

Also rewatched The Sound of Music for the first time in Idk how long. I don’t like musicals on principle but this movie really stands the test of time, and holy fuck Christopher Plummer was GORGEOUS.

Did not love A Man for All Seasons (though Wendy Hiller was really good) and Midnight Cowboy. Both felt incredibly dated. Especially Midnight Cowboy. I honestly only liked the last scene where Dustin Hoffman died on the bus.

3 Likes

Oh, Pacific Rim. Ok Netflix , i forgive you

Demi Moore, right?

Does it hold up?

I saw it via gimy.tv :rofl:. Good quality by the way

1 Like

Seventh seal is a swedish film with an all swedish cast. Saw it for a class in college

Edit it looks like you were thinking of the seventh sign

2 Likes

My bad. Old.

1 Like

I’m too slow

To pick up on my mistake? Nah. You good.

I Haven’t read all his work, I probably stopped after 1q84, but my impression was that he’s much better at writing short stories than full length novels. Actually he reused or recycled some of short stories in his novels.

He was one of those dark strange reads that I enjoyed long ago, like Orham Pamuk.

I had no idea they took his stories to the big screen.

Zombieland also new on Netflix, definitely worth a rewatch. Amber Heard has a small role near the beginning as a hot girl across the hall who suddenly turns into a man-eating psycho (not exactly a cameo, but…).

1 Like