What movies are you watching (2022)

You should watch Gone with the Wind, then come tell us you don’t get all the hype!

Thats a romance movie? For me was about a spoiled bitch trying to stole her own cousin bf, while goldigering with a man that really lovED her.

The best romantic movie i ever saw i think was: Mouling Rouge, Definitely Maybe ( comedy romance, but with Ryan Reynolds ) and The Notebook.

But if u want a Classic:. SOMEWHERE IN TIME ( Christopher Reeves)

I love that movie, but I can understand that other people dont. As for star wars

Just swap out Lucas for Marvel

1 Like

I should have specified romantic comedy specifically I can’t stand. Although for some reason I really enjoyed yes man

It’s so much more than the central romance. It’s a swipping epic about the American South seen through an incredibly complicated woman, who’s much more than a spoiled bitch. The book is better but the movie is no slouch either.

The best (purely) romantic movie is probably Brief Encounter. If you want something less tragic then The Best Years of Our Lives is perfection.

Hitchcock kinda did a lot of romantic comedies.

My memory of Star Wars: I was a teenager when it came out, and all of my classmates were talking about it nonstop because we hadn’t seen special effects like that before. I honestly don’t remember how we felt about the story and acting because, well, we were dumb kids excited about rockets and explosions and stuff. I haven’t watched it again since that time so I imagine it would seem quite outdated 45 years later.

That said, I enjoyed Raiders of the Lost Ark much more, a film that I’ve rewatched several times over the years.

1 Like

I thought he was brilliant in the last film, top class acting.

Maybe the problem is you are too used to modern films where everything is directed towards emotional moments? I find films are too sentimental these days.

I literally posted my thoughts about 3 movies way older than Star Wars like 2 posts above my post about Star Wars.

Meh.

I guess it should also be pointed out that Star Wars is a film for children.

I don’t understand adults who have read/watched Harry Potter. It’s for children, not for middle aged people.

My mate said about Jurassic Park, “it’s not believable, the raptors are too small.” It’s a film about cloning dinosaurs and putting them in the theme park. Get real!

Let’s see your last three films.

I used the word maybe. Also, I didn’t read all the posts. :rofl:

3 Likes

There are like a billion adults who love Star Wars.

Many adults enjoy Harry Potter.

Alien is also considered revolutionary for the genre to be fair

1 Like

I don’t know if you’ve noticed but this whole island is filled with adults who are obsessed with child like things.

1 Like

Fair enough. You moved me to tears. :clap:

1 Like

Quit pretending to be a cow…

We all know you are really a bird

I’m really not proud of that Angry Birds film though… :flushed:

1 Like

I suspect most people who like those films/ books first got into them as children.

I’m saying it’s hard/super weird for adults to watch/enjoy children’s films and literature.

1 Like