What movies are you watching (2022)

It’s all money in the bank at the end of the day.

Yeah, not blood diamonds by any stretch, but still not one of my prouder moments.

Better than previous generations who were obsessed with emotionally tormenting their children and suing their neighbours, I guess. It’s no wonder they don’t want to get married or have kids.

1 Like

John Oliver was Valentine Smurf. TWICE. It is what it is.

1 Like

I didn’t say it was bad, just that many taiwanese adults love child like things.

1 Like

I’m not disagreeing with you. Just adding my thoughts. :+1:t2:

:roll:

Now that is some content I can read. Finally!

I thought the complaint was that the raptors were too big.

The best romantic movie ever was Casablanca.

1 Like

I thought it was that cold blooded dinosaurs are pictured frolicking in the snow?

But actually I’m not sure is dinosaurs were cold blooded. I read that they are related to birds which are warm blooded. I’ve also read that they were likely covered in feathers as well though

1 Like

I thought both were very watchable.

There’s a recent five episode documentary about dinosaurs, and one episode was about those in cold climates.

Prehistoric Planet Ep. 4

3 Likes

Wow thank you!

Ah I guess I need apple tv

You are very likely correct. Either way, his complaint was ridiculous.

The Princess Bride?

5 Likes

Inconceivable!

3 Likes

At least they can’t blame humans for the loss of massive prehistoric creatures. Or can they?

Nature documentaries annoy the hell out of me. They always focus on killing and always always point out that we have destroyed their habitats. They have become very depressing. Why can’t they just show giraffes fucking about, or an elephant taking a bath, without the usual, “if the giraffe isn’t careful it will be mauled by predators,” and “this elephant used to have six watering holes until Starbucks came along.” David Attenborough can f@ck off. Yawn.

Yeah, many of them were more likely to be giant birds than lizards, but that doesn’t fit the narrative of giant fearsome creatures gorging on one another for hundreds of millions of years.

Why is that exactly? I personally have found that through watching many movies (and reading books) with my son, some for children, some not, that there is often a lot to be found in what is often labeled as “for children”. Have you read any of the original Grim’s fairy tales? Perfect example there.

I did think a bit the same before we had my son though, so I do understand - somewhat.

1 Like

You are right. There’s something personal to be found in all art and literature. :+1:t2:

That’s more my point, you’ve come to watch/read them with a child. You didn’t decide as a grown adult that you’d engage with this stuff on your own. And it seems weird to me when an adult is sitting on the train, for example, reading Harry Potter.

Nah. I came to Harry Potter as an adult, initially so I’d know what the heck my students were talking about, but I was very much into the series as the last few books came out. Avatar: The Last Airbender and Legend of Korra are two of the best extended stories I’ve seen on TV. And then of course there are the Ghibli and Pixar collections.

It’s like any sort of material. A lot of it - perhaps even the majority - isn’t all that good. But a good children’s story, like a good sci-fi story or romance, is good for anyone who likes the medium, not just the people who normally enjoy the genre.

Such as:

1 Like