What movies are you watching (2022)

Ehm nope, that was the BEST MEAL EVER, the one they for once returned happy from and talked about for ages.

2 Likes

True true

Don’t Look Up

2 hours of dribble. Couldn’t stand it. Probably the worst movie and worst acting Leonardo, Meryl, Jennifer, Jonah, all the actors have ever made separately or any combination of together.

Edit: Even Ariana, who can do no wrong, was terrible.

5 Likes

I lasted until the first scene with Meryl. Noop

Great recommendation. I would never have thought to watch this.

My Octopus Teacher, beautiful underwater scenery, serene, suspenseful, enlightening.

3 Likes

After Pulp Fiction and Reservoir Dogs, he pretty much sucked until OUaTiH.

2 Likes

Harsh. Kill Bill has plenty of classic scenes and Inglorious is pretty much a showreel for the amazing Christoph Waltz.

2 Likes

he was pretty good in Django, also

i even liked Jackie Brown, it’s like a Breaking Bad prequel (Robert Forster in both)

1 Like

1 Like

My question is…how?

watched a bit of Ghostbusters Afterlife with my kids, seemed decent

I’ll watch it from the beginning this weekend.

I felt the same way, but I also feel like I should watch it again. Maybe there’s something I missed? Sometimes movies with that kind of tone are better with a second viewing.

On Wednesday I watched Charley Varrick (1973). Walter Matthau as a bank robber. It was written as a vehicle for Clint Eastwood, but he passed on the script because he didn’t see anything redeeming about the character. I think Eastwood made the right decision. There’s a ridiculous love scene near the end (Matthau was 53), and an airplane/car duel that seems like an excuse for stunts.

You’d probably like 1973’s Coffy too. There’s also another movie from the same year called Pets. Pam Grier starred in Coffy, and even though Jackie Brown borrowed more from Foxy Brown there are some parallels. The actress in Pets was the inspiration of Bridget Fonda’s character in Jackie Brown.

1 Like

New on Netflix, but not really new (quite derivative). I’m more than halfway and will probably finish because I like post-apocalyptic sci-fi and Chloe Grace-Moretz, but there isn’t much here to recommend…

1 Like

Red Rocket

Hardcore poor rural life in America. The ad picture is misleading.

A good art type flick.

IMDB recommendation.

3 Likes

When Jeff Tried to Save the World. It’s derivative of so many other slacker movies. Having Napoleon Dynamite (John Heder) in it didn’t help alleviate that feeling. It’s better to watch the episode of the Simpson’s where Homer goes to work at the bowling alley. “Homer did you put your head in the shine-o ball-o again?”

Maya Erskine was a good distraction.

1 Like

I watched “Lost Daughters” on Netflix. It was dumb af and I don’t feel sorry for people that have children. I did like “Don’t Look Up” but I feel like it tries to be edgy and in the end it’s really just ironic. People will claim they would be like them but in reality most of us are sheep. It’s not just an American are sheep problem either, it’s everyone.

More virtue signalling from Leo too.

3 Likes

Ehm, you mean The Lost Daughter I assume? Rave reviews across the board, “dumb af” simply cannot be an apt description of a by all indications stellar debut.

1 Like

Encounter

Not bad.