What movies are you watching (2022)

That show was apparently revolutionary and cult following.

A car at the end ran into a wall or something.

Tarantino goes into deep dive on movie connections like this in his Hollywood novel

So my history with Death Proof is that one night I persuaded a couple of buddies that we should watch the film. After an hour of NOTHING HAPPENING, aside from me getting the pissed ripped out of me, we turned it off.
Fast forward a few months and one of my friends tells me we turned it off literally as the film got good. Eventually, a long time later, I got round to watching the car chase. It’s really a film in two parts (Same as Dusk Till Dawn)
So my memory of the actual Death Proof film is poor because the anecdote surrounding it has taken up that processing space in my memory. I have no desire to watch it again, so the anecdote is going to be all I remember of the film.

i’ll take that as an affirmative

in fairness, probably the worst Tarantino movie

The Duelists and Lawerence of Arabia are as you indicate both visual masterpieces. Have been lucky enough to see them in cinemas, the latter even in 70mm, but can imagine the impact is reduced on the small screen.

Anyway, incredible that Ridley Scott is still making decent films 45 years later. What stamina.

2 Likes

Check my last post, TT.

I can’t bring myself to watch ‘Once upon a time…’ for some reason, (probably after the slow torture of The Hateful 8) but of the rest Death Proof is the most challenging to enjoy. I used to really love Kill Bill until I saw some of the films he totally ripped it off from and that kinda ruined it for me. It’s best not to dig too deeply around Tarantino films, he mostly makes cover versions of things not in the mainstream.

i summarized it for you. no charge

i tend to enjoy his work more than not, he’s a talented film maker

“Once” is not one of his best. It’s good, but not good enough Tarantino that people know, want, expect.

1 Like

Ok, that’s the impetus I needed to push me to watch it. Thank you.

1 Like

I agree with you. His films are enjoyable to watch and he’s talented and very unique.

Haahahaha :banana:

1 Like

Ok we just watched PIG with Nic Cage. Wtf was the connection between Rob’s dead wife and Amir’s comatose moms?

Was that even addressed?

What a great film. Bloody Jesus heals all wounds.

And My Octopus Teacher. Very Coolcoolcool

Huh?

1 Like

Reading the title I thought it was gonna be a Japanese erotic comedy.

Yesterday I got to watch the first part of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. They played the second part on Saturday. It’s odd how often that happens. I recall watching Rocky II followed by Rocky 1 back to back once.

No Way Home was AMAZING. I’ve seen it twice now, first on opening day with a sold-out crowd. Had to see it again just cause the cheers and loud reactions from the first time had me miss things. Not complaining, the mutual vibes were part of the fun.

For my money the second best MCU film ever, just beneath Endgame.

3 Likes

Ghostbusters Afterlife

Hmmm…

Meh, lots of boring action, fake drama, starts with car chase of course, a broken family down on their luck, earthquake, dull actors, some teenage angst not really having anything to do with the story, an androgynous child, ghosts that shoot bullets out of their mouth, way to much constant dramatic music, lots of destruction, by the way Ghostbusters phone number works, odd product placement of Walmart, Baskin Robins ice cream, mom being possessed by demons, then more demons with great clothes and hair and makeup, more car chase, funny jokes with demons, more than one clip in credits

1 Like

This has been on my Netflix list for a while. I have liked some things from the director, and with the star, but it looked a bit derivative so I held off. Man, I hated the main character so much I turned it off less than half way through.

1 Like

I don’t know if there was a connection but probably but I just took the movie at face value and really enjoyed the not-knowing.

Both partners trying to deal with grief. Apart from that, nothing.

1 Like

And that Nic Cage cooked his moms last meal? I’m assuming there was an accident?