What movies are you watching (2022)

And suicide alone.

just watched ringu for the first time last night. i really dug it. so much that i marathoned ringu 2 right after it. not nearly as good. haven’t seen ju-on yet so maybe i’ll try that one next…

1 Like

Wow. That was a real phenomenon when it came out. Still very creepy to watch. Have you seen the American version?

I saw Everything Everywhere All at Once and I thought it was quite fun if a bit on the nose and cliché in its messaging. Michelle Yeoh and KHQ were really good though, and Jamie Lee Curtis is always a delight.

1 Like

The original I hope. Alone. In the dark. With a single floor lamp on in the room behind you.

Enjoy! :laughing:

1 Like

yeah i saw the american version ages ago, just finally getting around to the original.

cheers for that haha. i’ll be watching it alone i’m sure. wife gets too spooked.

1 Like

Another month, another Netflix crop.

I see Mark Wahlberg is his own category now :laughing:

Just put on The Frighteners. Didn’t know it was a Peter Jackson film. Let’s see if it holds up better than MJF :upside_down_face:

Father Stu.

Don’t. It’s not funny at all. I thought it was going to be funny. It was not.

Netflix suggested a 90s movies category. I noticed overall it has uploaded a bunch of oldies in the general populace, like the original Airport (1970). :eek:

Now, if it had 80s John Houston comedies…

Oh and some Hallmark-y romantic Christmas movies…as if there weren’t enough on cable.

Withnail and I (from 1987)

Good dark comedy fits well with rainy days. Frequently voted in top 100 or 25 or etc. movies ever made. Seems to have a cult following.

Even has it’s own reddit.

1 Like

Director Laha Mebow continues to pick up the hardware, winning Best Director again, this time at the Singapore International Film Festival!

Source: 33rd Singapore International Film Festival – Awards 2022 – Asian Film Festivals

Guy

1 Like

In Bruges

Good movie, storyline, script, acting until the end when it drags into guns n blood.

2 Likes

Really good movie. The director has a new movie this year set in Ireland starring Farrell and Gleeson again (The Banshees of Inisherin) which looks fantastic as well.

2 Likes

I had a friend who raved over it, found it a bit overrated after that. Should give it a second try

It’s a mystery. Nicely done.

1 Like

Lucky Number Slevin

Murder is fun, witty and sexy.

3 Likes

I really liked it, and also Wicker Park, but his Frankenstein movie was awful

I remember putting this on, don’t remember how it ends, so i guess i didnt like it much

Last night i rewatched this classic, new on netflix

chorizombi-umma

1 Like

I’d give it another go. A bit melodramatic at the end but a good telling of an odd people at an odder time.

1 Like