What movies are you watching (2022)

The Super Bob Einstein Movie

Super-funny documentary about Super Dave

2 Likes

Sorry, Louis CK

New stand-up show, a little funny I guess, crude odd subjects

Never watched him before, think he broke some woke rules a couple years back and disappeared.

Not really. He was wanking himself off in front of fans and colleagues. He admitted it. I think that’s universally frowned on.

3 Likes

Butt Boy (2019) It’s pretty much a live action version of Lemmiwinks. Very odd, but incredibly hard to turn off. If you like films about people who have animals and people living in their bowels, this one is for you.

This is the best movie of the year. Or years…

Dirty Tricks

Seems maybe like nothing interesting, but it’s great.

Just saw it. Much darker than I expected. A lot of good ideas, and it’s a pleasure to reflect on the intricacies of all the characters and how they are all connected. Interested in reading the short stories now that @Incubus said those are much better than the movie.

2 Likes

“The Rescue”. Pretty eye-opening how they assembled 4 of the top cave divers in the world to get those kids out, most likely only a day or 2 before they would have run out of air in their chamber. Equally, how they were told if they failed and a kid/kids had died, they may have been thrown in a Thai jail for many years. Curious how the underwater shots were filmed. Recreated elsewhere using a cameraman/woman ?

1 Like

Eh is there some streaming service carrying this? I really wanna see it.

I don’t know how accurate it is, but “Just Watch Taiwan” is supposed to provide this service: you search in the top, and it tells you if the film is or is not available for streaming here, and where. According to this, Drive My Car isn’t available here.

https://www.justwatch.com/tw/電影

1 Like

Thank you. :disappointed_relieved:

I’d suggest your culture drop the PC preachy nonsense. Different strokes.

1 Like

Filmed in my family’s neck of the woods— Dordogne

1 Like

The setting was definitely beautiful.

I saw it and thought it was pretty good. I wish the theatre stuff could’ve been trimmed but other aspects were strong. It was engrossing and beautifully shot. Oh and the guy who played the protagonist was hot.

I also saw The Lost Daughter and thought it was not as good as I’d liked. Olivia Colman was spectacular as usual but I really could do without the flashbacks. This is on Netflix.

Spencer was mostly very good … until the final 20 minutes or so. The first 1h40mins was stylish gothic horror, which was refreshing considering the subject matter was a Diana biopic, but the random lesbian confession and the shooting range scene really took me out of it. Kristen Stewart surprised me though. I never liked her in anything, including her acclaimed indie performances, but she was very good in this.

I also saw Petite Maman and Passing. Both were very good. Passing is on Netflix.

CODA was sweet. had a very strong cast and important representation, but we’ve all seen this movie a hundred times before.

1 Like

What?! :laughing:

Road to Perth

Not bad, sad lonely dull heartbreak is a great subject for 2 strangers road tripping South Australia with arty cinematography and indie music.

Probably really good if currently experiencing or want to relive some heartbreak.

Cormons World, Exploits of A Hollywood Rebel

Documentary. The story of the king of low budget B-movies, interesting and fun, any movie buff will love this movie.

Looks like a great movie. I’ve watched the fight scenes a few times.

He wanked in front of people. He asked them if he could first. Funny guy though.

Haven’t seen it yet, but it’s hard to go wrong with Odenkirk.