What movies are you watching in 2020?

Did a search and I didn’t see a thread for 2020.

What movies are you watching this year?

My first film of the year is ‘Two Popes’, which is on Netflix. It’s slow, but great performances, especially Hopkins who is a dead-ringer for Pope Benedict XVI. I’d give it an 8/10.

Klaus, which is the perfect Christmas movie. Y’all should watch it with your children.

Booksmart, which is ok. Parts of it were quite funny.

Frozen 2, which is quite stupid apart from the visuals.

1 Like

Saw ‘Once Upon a Time in Hollywood’ and was a bit disappointed. I liked it enough (and I’m definitely not on board with the ‘I hate Tarantino’ circle-jerk thread), but I didn’t think it quite matched to his recent outings like ‘Django’, ‘Inglourious Basterds’ and definitely nowhere near the dizzying heights of ‘Pulp Fiction.’ I liked the characters and the setting and DiCaprio and Pitt give great performances as usual, but I felt the plot meandered a lot in the middle (did we need to spend 10 minutes watching Sharon Tate watch herself in a movie?). I did get a little bored in the middle, but it picked up a lot in the end, which followed Tarantino’s ‘Inglourious Basterds’ style of revising historical events. The ending does pay off, which I appreciate. But I don’t think this should be in contention for best picture, and I probably won’t ever watch it again (in contrast to ‘Pulp Fiction’, which I’ve probably seen a dozen times).

My score: 7.5/10

Saw Two Popes. It was boring as bleep. Slow paced and a bit too much dialogue but 1/2 in it gets engaging when Francis talks about his time as an Argentine stripper prior to him becoming a priest.

1 Like

I’m getting drunk and watching Once Upon a Time in Hollywood and The Irishman tonight.

I never have time to watch anything except a few minutes of the news anymore, but the kids need to study for exams and the wife needs to take a Chinese entourage on some factory tours this weekend. Finally got some chill time.

WOOT!

1 Like

Did they get into his meth period?

1 Like

I must’ve slept through that part. :flushed:

1 Like

Each of those are both 3 hours. So you’re looking at about a 6 hour movie marathon.

1 Like

I used to watch whole seasons of TV shows, such as the Sapranos, in a day

The Gentlemen, director Guy Ritchie

Matthew Conaughey and Hugh Grant and some others was quite a great entertaining movie. Both the guys and girls liked it

2 Likes

Saw The Irishman and Once Upon a Time in Hollywood reluctantly (because I need to have watched it to say I hate them) and yes, I thoroughly loathed them. Wasted like 6 hours on those boring tripes.

1 Like

Why did you hate Once Upon? I didn’t think it was as great as the hype, but the character development and acting performances were decent.

It’s really egotistical and masturbatory.

As someone who since Thanksgiving has seen Marriage Story a third time, 8½ a fifth time, Notorious (1946) a third time, The Third Man a third time and The Rules of the Game for the second time…

6 Underground amused me. It was excessively long, has awkward and confusing editing (especially pertaining to flashbacks), bewildered camera plotting and spotty color correction… But I did not consider it a total waste of 2 hours.

What can I say, I knew what I was getting into… And bayhem’s gotta bay 'em.

The Joker was not as I expected it to be

It’s just ‘Joker’.

1 Like

I saw Jojo Rabbit last night and so far it’s the only BP nominee that I like. It’s really funny.

Top Gun 2
It’s gonna be good
Top Fun

But the ROC flag is gone from the jacket

The Equalizer

1918 is supposed to be good. will probably watch that in next few days. think its out now