What movies are you watching in 2020?

Slimy greasy cowboy flic…in Oz.

Nicely done.

Such a underseen masterpiece.

1 Like

Good news, hope it is filmed here for authenticity

Planning to watch this read through of an old cult-like movie.

Actual read through starts at 10:30 after all the introductions.

1 Like

Watched movie Pinocchio at Wonderful theater, Ximen

Magnificent, not only for children, not cheap animation, just beautiful everything. Italian with Chinese subtitles, so I understood less, but still incredible, especially on big screen in good theater.

Italian cinema has escaped me recently and I thought the good was already past. Not.

3 Likes

Amulet :face_with_raised_eyebrow: :confused: :open_mouth: :astonished: :tired_face:

Bigfoot family is getting great reviews.

I asked if it was English subtitles and they said the movie is in spoken English. But the movie is French in French so I skipped it until they and I figure it out.

The girl called the door man who stuck his head in the door and listend so he probably just didn’t recognize the difference between French and English.

This looks…wack.

Indeed.

Mel Gibson is probably the last real movie star. Odds are good I’ll watch just because Gibson.

Older movie, but watched Upgrade (2018) last night. Pretty whack sci-fi, and also very funny at times. Ending was a little too predictable, though. I think the lead actor, Logan Marshall-Green, was in a superhero movie once, but I don’t hold it against him. Loved him in The Invitation (2015), the ending of which I did not see coming. Would recommend both.

My favorite Mel Gibson film is one he’s not even in (at least not in front of the camera) and that’s ‘Apocalypto’, one of his directorial efforts. Enjoyed it much more than ‘Passion…’

1 Like

Yeah, my favorite, too. Not easy to make a great movie with zero dialogue in any modern language. I thought he did much better the second time, with Apocalypto.

Gibson the actor is in a league by himself these days.

3 Likes

Question: has anyone watched Dune on Netflix? I know it has been a while since I saw back in the day, but, didn’t they cut some parts, especially at the end?

The released was pushed back to 2022 last I heard

Different Dune. @Icon’s talking about the 1984 David Lynch one, which showed up recently on Netflix Taiwan. A visual feast of a movie with a hot mess of a story. And Sting as a different kind of hot mess altogether (“I Will Kill Him!”). And pre-Picard Patrick Stewart!

I haven’t watched it lately - and it’s been such a long time I wouldn’t know what if anything has been changed.

Maybe @Rockefeller does not remember it. Few of us now here in Taiwan saw Dune at the theater back in the day.

They cut the end I think. Not much. And something in the middle.

And if someone wants a laugh, I’ll post PS tale of fame with Sting. Oh boy.
Talking about delays, I’ll be most distressed if I cannot see WW84 on the big screen. Heck, bad enough the Bond movie keeps being pushed back.

Oh wow, wasn’t aware that Sting had an acting career.

More so that I wasn’t around.

Agreed, and agreed.

I’m also low key upset about the Black Widow movie, I was so sure there’s going to be a critical end credits scene that we’ll now never get to see because the world’s probably going to end.

Speaking of the state of the industry, hope @Andrew0409’s sister is ok; heard rounds of mass layoffs are still in progress at WarnerMedia.

1 Like

Also in the film Quadrophenia - played the Bellboy. (EDIT: um, if you know the album, you’ll know the character I mean, but I suppose if you don’t know the album it’ll just sound like an odd cameo - it’s more than that.)

I have a vague impression that Sting’s desire to move more into acting was one of the reasons the Police broke up. Not sure if that’s true.

He also saved Bart Simpson from dying in a well.

1 Like