What movies are you watching in 2020?

Yep, hard to think 1984 was well, like, almost 40 years ago. My sister was born that year. The Search for Spock is from 1984.

Actually, it is a pity Taiwan is not publicising itself as a safe place for the filming industry to thrive, safe locations etc. It would be very profitable in this junction.

EDIT

And for everyone’s enjoyment during lunchtime, a treat:

1 Like

Suzhou River, fantastic movie in all aspects. Out now in some local theaters including Huashan.

3 Likes

Looks interesting. English subs for us Mandarin challenged?

Yes, English subs at Huashan.

2 Likes

She actually got her job back working at home. One of the lucky ones.

Great Buddha just started on TV now MOD 626 Catchplay. Great movie.

1 Like

Tenet was good

What this National Theater Live stuff?

Typically National Theater (UK) plays, filmed at pretty good quality back when they were presented: not quite at the level of this year’s Hamilton release, but still better than the PBS stuff I grew up with. And you can buy a ticket to watch it in the cinema.

Earlier this year the National Theater put lots of their stuff free online, a different production every week for a few months, but that’s ended now.

I thought they were fantastic to watch at home. But if I recall correctly, the tickets are a bit more expensive than a normal movie ticket, and I felt like it was a little overpriced when I saw Cumberbatch’s version of Hamlet in a cinema a few years ago.

But I guess there aren’t many new movies these days, are there?

See here:

EDIT: Wow … first time I’ve looked at movie listings in a long while. Cinemas may be open here, but with those sorts of listings, phew. They must not be making much money.

1 Like

Now is a good time to rewatch some classics on the big screen. My Own Private Idaho, Interstellar, and Edward Scissorhands are all playing in theaters.

3 Likes

Still watching 20th century movies. Usually featuring Al Pacino and Robert De Niro
last one was The Panic in Needle Park
As usually Al Pacino at his best
By the way, it is his first movie and he did that good, maestro

Love Exposure. It’s a Japanese film and you’ll experience just about every emotion. Consider it basically X rated, 18+ and not for the faint hearted. It’s four hours long.

I tried to watch it on Amazon Prime and was told it wasn’t available in my region. How did you watch it? VPN?

You need a VPN.

Was good, but not nearly as good as the first borat or some of the other stuff he’s done.

1 Like

Do you know where I can buy a VPN? I’m really not smart with this kind of stuff.

Express VPN and Nord VPN are popular. Both good. I use Express VPN. Look for the best deal of the two is my advice.

But I mean, can I buy it in an electronics shop or is it something I have to order online?

It’s a program you download on the web. Easy peasy. Shouldn’t be hard to grasp. Just buy and download.

I did say i wasn’t smart with this stuff. :sweat_smile: okay I’ll check it out.

1 Like