What nationality are you? 2020 poll

Isnt Oceania the general go to?

Though these lines sometimes do seem a bit unimportant other than simply they need to be drawn somewhere.

What kind of weird poll has Belgium as a country, but the Netherlands as “Other European Countries” …

I am not voting out of principle :roll_eyes:

Netherlands is Central Europe

At least this option mentions the name … ok, I will relent.

1 Like

A case could be made for Northern or Western…but Central? :thinking:

3 Likes

Yes.

I beg to differ

2 Likes

2 Likes

According to Meyers Enzyklopädisches Lexikon ,[72] Central Europe is a part of Europe composed of Austria, Belgium, Czechoslovakia, Germany, Hungary, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Poland, Romania and Switzerland, and northern marginal regions of Italy and Yugoslavia (northern states – Croatia, Serbia and Slovenia), as well as northeastern France.

1 Like

Wikipedia:

The Netherlands (Dutch: Nederland [ˈneːdərlɑnt] (About this soundlisten)), informally Holland ,[13] is a country primarily located in Western Europe and partly in the Caribbean, forming the largest constituent country of the Kingdom of the Netherlands.

Encyclopedia Britannica:

Netherlands , country located in northwestern Europe, also known as Holland.

Why there is no unified standard? Not only on Netherlands, but many European countries are categorized in multiple regions.

I guess it depends on who you ask and what they would count as what. Some germans perceive Germany as part of western Europe and Poland as eastern Europe due to the iron curtain.
I also think there should be a standardisation for this.

The Dutch perceive themselves very much part of Western Europe. At least I do :slight_smile:

The options in this poll are just a tat uncommon.

1 Like

one thing is I’m not familiar with European geography, and another is I mostly made a country being a single option if I recognize some forumosan from there. If I knew you before, I’d have made Netherlands a single option.

1 Like

I like to think that this offended you so much to post again after 11 years of saying nothing. Great effort, and hello!

5 Likes

I couldn’t let this one slide. But I’ve been kind of away since we left town a decade ago to pursue new opportunities.

With one daughter now looking to apply to university in Taiwan I ended up back here again.

6 Likes

Half American, half Australian.

welcome back!

2 Likes

Come on, us Europeans are always looking down at those who live down South and being looked down at by those living up North :rofl: :rofl: As someone from Northern Italy, I used to laugh at how lousy our South is and envy Austrians for their efficiency. It turned out that Finns consider Danes lazy and Austrians almost like Africans :sweat_smile:

Funny how Australia sees it reversed like Queensland vs. NSW…

1 Like

current summary (20 Oct 2020, 10:05)

33 from American countries
24 from European countries
13 from Asian countries
5 from Oceanian countries
1 from an African country

I expected more people with ROC nationality. And some Japanese and Korean. They maybe have their own forums like here?

2 Likes