What personals ad would you write?

I like the idea of personal ads. I’d rather cut my toes off than place one, for obvious reasons, but the idea of summarising yourself in 30 words or however many is appealing.

How would you summarise yourself? Would you do the usual, or be fun and wacky, try to look intelligent, straightforward and self deprecating? What kind of look would you go for on the pic?

As someone who firmly believes in ‘first impressions’, I think ads can tell you absolutely everything you need to know about a person. So who are you all?

[color=green]Mod note: split off from this thread on what is a Thana(n)tologist:
http://www.forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopic.php?t=61684&sid=5878d91ba6c83b854fdda8da14489456[/color]

[quote=“Buttercup”]I like the idea of personal ads. I’d rather cut my toes off than place one, for obvious reasons, but the idea of summarising yourself in 30 words or however many is appealing.

How would you summarise yourself? Would you do the usual, or be fun and wacky, try to look intelligent, straightforward and self deprecating? What kind of look would you go for on the pic?

As someone who firmly believes in ‘first impressions’, I think ads can tell you absolutely everything you need to know about a person. So who are you all?[/quote]

I think this is a fantastic question, and a great thread starter. Hope you don’t mind if I split it off…

DB, Open Mod

I’d prefer if it were in temp.

Why? You posted it in Open, and I think it’s a great topic. Why don’t we wait to see how the thread progresses? If any of the other Open moderators feel it’s of only TEMPorary value then so be it…

I’ll bet some Forumosans have posted personals ads, and will share them with us. I posted a few back in my college days, mostly for fun, and will try to dig them up or reconstruct them.

Here is my ‘about me’ on Facebook:

I’m lazy, thoughtful, thoughtless, sleepy, thrifty(edited), bony, calm, confused, observant, servile, wordy, nerdy and hungry.

I’ve alwayth thought of you ath thifty. Thurly you won’t take offenth.

That’s cool.

Thranks.

edited due to dark humour and people maybe missing the joke

If I had a personal ad I’m not sure exactly what all I would put in, but I would definitely mention that time I ate a rhino.

Did you get the horn?

Scandanavian ex-Jesuit priest with NSOH seeks Greco-Roman wrestler type with Pakistani “connections” for no reason at all.

My wife asked me the same question.

Your wolf like eyes, a greenish brown, fix me through the long tufts of grass. You raise your tail, I sniff your arse, you bound high, leaping and landing, leaping and landing, I bark, just once, then we run in a circle, you first, I follow, you first, I follow. Now it’s my turn.

Fox

Do you look like a lesbian? Then you’re probably my type. Call me! :slight_smile:

There is a book published about funny personal ads.

Here is an example:
Angry, simple-minded, balding, partially blind ex-circus flipper boy with a passion for covering lovers in sour cream and gravy seeks exotic, heavily tattooed piercing fanatic, preferably hairy, either sex, for whippings, bizarre sex and fashion consulting. No freaks.

There are more extracts here
http://www.funehumor.com/fun_doc2/fun_0226.shtml

This works for me!!

Wanted
Intelligent woman with great leg
al mind for conversation, outing
s and a love of extreme intense anal
ysis. You should live close to Es-
sex. I shall give you heaps of fuc
-hsias, lillies and treat you like a Queen. I will be your
king and will fill your warm tender
heart with joy and laughter.Send me your post
box. Alternately, if you want more discus-
sion. You can call me to chat about more exci-
ting stuff, I 'm all ears. Looking forward to hearing from you!
Please read lines 1, 3 5 7 9 11 only!

This one is cool!

Remember that summer you spent with your parents in Hawaii and how mad you were that they made you go? And how you were hopelessly bored until you saw the most gorgeous man you’d ever encountered strolling down the beach looking at you, skillfully removing your skimpy bikini with his piercing eyes? And how you spent the last month imagining him taking you in every possible way, masturbating feverishly day and night, wishing he would reappear, but he never did because you were 15 and he would have gone to jail? That was me, and you just turned 18.

Come on! Nobody is baring their souls, here… Not just clever ones from books; yours!

Mines original. Where’s yours?