What’s your best response to “Why did you come to Taiwan?”

Shoulda guessed. Taiwan is where old songs and over the hill rock stars go to just fade away.

2 Likes

Real rock stars know it’s better to burn out than to fade away.

1 Like

It’s better to burn out than to fade away.

1 Like

Jimi has a real rock star’s attitude so my money’s on him.

I bunlie ended up in Taiwan because my US company sent me here, otherwise I never would have thot of it. That was a big mistake tho because all I did for the first year was play around and phuck my brains out until they fired me – and rightly so.

I hung around the pool room too much.

You’re kidding, right? I’ve been asked this at least once a week for over a decade. Are you Asian in appearance, by chance? I can’t think of how else you’d avoid this.

1 Like

Back home I was incompetent, and so I had trouble making a living. Faced with the possibility of homelessness, I left home and went to Korea, but I was incompetent there, too. So I left Korea and went to Taiwan, and somehow I was accepted in spite of my incompetence, and the situation has looked doable so far, knock wood.

7 Likes

Well you’ve come to the right place.

1 Like

Always my go-to reply

2 Likes

It sounds like you are considerably more sociable than @jimipresley and I are.

Oh, you must have been put off by the drooling. I can’t help that, it’s a medical condition, honest. But I guess that explains why you didn’t answer my question.

2 Likes

Wanted to improve my Chinese and it was a big hassle to get a Chinese visa, so I came to Taiwan instead. Ending up deciding to stay, got married and had a kid.

2 Likes

Perhaps. I try to do more than just work and go home, but I’m hardly a social butterfly. Even through work I encounter people who want to know how a foreigner ended up in Taiwan, but I encounter it even more when I step even a centimeter outside of my bubble.

2 Likes

My answer

‘You asked the wrong question , you should ask me why I stayed so long.’

And if you think about it the question of why somebody arrived somewhere isn’t a very interesting topic.

1 Like

Thailand is a very great country and I am loving it very much, thank you.

5 Likes

“Too scared to visit proper China”

7 Likes

But if you stay long enough, you might get the 2 for 1.

Get asked this all the time.

“I feel more free here”, thats my answer.

Thats coming from Australia. The cops dont hassle me here for going about living my life.

Maybe thats why I stayed.

Trips everyone out because they think Australia is more free.

I come because it was Asian democracy.

1 Like

I was a LBH. Now I have everything I could ever want.

2 Likes