What’s your political compass?

I did better than you did!

The big problem I had was guessing the free trade questions.

1 Like

I tried to role-play as some rich CCP party nationalist with no self-awareness, not much progress, I don’t think?

Close, but no cigar.

1 Like

I think right and left wing has changed a lot since this was made. Like, wanting big businesses to be held accountable isn’t exclusively left wing now–just look at all the Trump supporters who want Big Tech like Microsoft, Facebook, Twitter etc to be dealt with.

2 Likes

I retake this test every now and then, and I feel that I’ve been moving to the center as I age

I don’t know how much more centrist I could be!

But I didn’t like the questionnaire itself. If felt too old and unreliable. It’s hard to represent one’s standing in a two axis plot.

I much prefer the 8values:
https://8values.github.io/

We have a thread on that already:

Perhaps is better to resurrect it rather than insist on this outdated one?

4 Likes

Hmm. I thought I leaned to the right.

2 Likes

I was a full-blown liberal on that one… :grin:

2 Likes

2 Likes

Many people, when polled on more specific questions than political affiliation, learn they’re more left than they thought.

1 Like

I picked all the ones I thought were right wing.

2 Likes

Maybe it’s impossible to get full up and right. For example, total government regulation could be considered authoritarian, but also could pull you left to a degree.

You beat me - assuming right wing and authoritarian go hand in hand, which they often don’t.

I’m going to try for a left wing plus authoritarian result.

This one actually seems like a more accurate representation of your political positions.

1 Like

Uh oh, you failed the trojan test, assigning labels, that’s a plus 10 to the north for you! :sweat_smile:

i never got the impression there was any nationalism or money there

(just joking :wink: )

1 Like

Top left corner is tough to get to with those questions.

Extensive combing through citizen opinions, surveillance fan, you join him, up you go! :oncoming_police_car:

There. Did it.

5 Likes

We always knew you had fascist tendencies…

2 Likes