What to give this lady?

I thought you wrote smack as well.:joy:

2 Likes

Pineapple cakes are nice. And mooncake season is upon us, I believe. But they get pricey fast iirc.

Yep, it’s all about the presentation and delivery :wink:

Ba da Boom!

:ribbon:

1 Like

If she’s from Taiwan I wouldn’t go for something typically Taiwanese. It’s like a Japanese friend bringing you a pack of Oreo’s. How about high-end chocolate-chip cookies or brownies? Not sure for other countries but from a French perspective that screams America.

Which country are you in? SEA could cover all of Southeast Asia - Wikipedia

Then we could get better idea of what to get?

I would give her Taiwanese sausages, if none around foreign sausages like British or Australian.

Three times a charm,
Op- SEA ? Is it an airport code or se asian? They are a little different

Yeah, I thought about that. But Oreos are everywhere in the world though. And if it was a case such as that where she’d prefer foreign goods, then why does she prefer to eat and cook Taiwanese food. Being that she’s away from Taiwan, wouldn’t she prefer things from back home because of its lack of availability?

Yeah, I thought you meant smack too and remember feeling “that’s soo distasteful”

What kind of snack would someone from Taiwan in her age group be most likely to like? Anything particularly Taiwanese that she’d probably like?

So sorry for the confusion…South East Asia

1 Like

Honestly…Squid snacks…Nuts…Dried fruit…Fancy Japanese/Taiwanese cookies All that kind of stuff.

So there is nothing particular that Taiwanese older folks tend to like

Just buy fruits.

2 Likes

Getting very ‘meta’ about digressions, are we?

Lets hope the mod does not get very ‘anti-meta’ :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Sometimes we agonize too much about the thing, rather than the joy of giving. Actually, gifts are all about the presentation, right? Just like my momma said: It’s the thought that counts.

I still got some good suggestions accepted though.

I honestly don’t want to get fruits.

I understand it’s the thought that counts but the gift plays a role too.

Fruits are everywhere and she gets them all the time. I want to give here something special. Not too special like a diamond ring or anything haha, but rather like candy, pastry, nuts…etc that’s distinctively Taiwanese and that most ppl from Taiwan love (so the chances of her being an exception is less).
Anyone older from Taiwan here?

Ironically, she gave me fruits today. So now I feel like I just gotta give her something super special haha.

I was thinking of bubble tea but that’s a new trend and she’s an older woman so she might not be into it. I saw her drinking what I suppose is tea with a whole lime in it.

Another thing I was thinking of was ordering Xiao Long Bao. And then I thought of Pineapple cake. Not sure which she’d like more.

So yeah, you get the idea. It’s a gift, that had thought put into it. If I was in Greece and someone got me beef jerky, I’d be really touched, because I know it’s not something that’s easily available and it’s from back home, so I know they really put thought into it, and went out of their way, which shows care. Versus if they got me fruits from around the corner, which would also show care, but it would be nowhere at the same ‘level’.

Go to Zara home decor and look for tea pot.

Again? This sounds serious! :slight_smile:

1 Like