What TV are you watching (2020)?

To destress the first 15 days of stay-in-place I binged watched Barefoot Contecessa: Back to Basics and Barefoot Contecessa.

I’m better cook and Ina Garten is actually a single unmarried woman living with cats and her show is just a projection of her fantasies.

Episode 10?

E09. Still waiting on 10 here!

Scratch that, it’s up!

It’s funny cuz for all the slickness of Saul Goodman/Slippin’ Jimmy/Cinnabon Gene, in that moment he couldn’t help but become a helpless broken record in front of Lalo. Instead, Kim stepped up to the metaphorical stand and blindsided Lalo without even batting an eye.

Earlier too, as she doubled back to her desk and grabbed Gisele’s liquor cap. We know Lalo, Nacho, and Kim don’t exist anymore in the ABQ scene by the time Heisenberg pops up. Lalo and Nacho, I’m game for whatever. But Kim, oh did the writers and RS make us care about Kim. All this to say, I’m worried about Kim.

And now I’m not so sure she’d be the “casualty” or “collateral damage” that we all assume she’d be as Saul Goodman emerges, when this whole thing began. Which I think is what makes it all the more devastating.

Yeah, oddly in that episode Odenkirk wasn’t really pulling it off for me. The scene with Mike in particular. It all seemed a bit out of his range or something. Or maybe just me. Obviously it was scripted as a kind of out-of-character psychic trauma episode for him.

I’m not reading the rest of your post until I watch this last episode :slight_smile:

P.S. This is real:

2 Likes

The Midnight Gospel just dropped on Netflix. Prepare to go deep, very deep. This is unlike anything you’ve ever seen before, unless you do acid a lot.

1 Like

Great finale! Great setup for the last season. Looking forward to one massive timeline binge watch when it’s over

Odenkirk redeemed himself for me in this episode. Maybe it was all by design.

I’m sure of one thing now for S06–Kim is safe. We wouldn’t see the Saul Goodman of BB if not.

Finished watching Outer Banks recently. It’s not bad.

Yeah we didn’t have cartoons like this when I was a kid. Looking forward to the next one!

1 Like

Actually it’s the same creator as Adventure Time. You didn’t watch it growing up?

Pendleton Ward is awesome.

I didn’t have tv growing up

2 Likes

That’s understandable. Not much TV in the 1930s.

3 Likes

:persevere:

Watched last episode of season 5 yesterday!
:+1:

Season 6 is supposed to air next year, but might be delayed due to the covid-19.

2 Likes

Interesting. I liked snippets of that but never got around to maybe trying to watch it. I get bored of cartoons pretty easily usually.

Actually, not exactly true. Although Lalo and Nacho don’t show up in Breaking Bad, they are both referenced in season 2 episode 8 when Walt and Jesse kidnap Saul and he thinks they are cartel members. Saul asks if Lalo sent them and then claims that, “It was Ignacio!”

So, Lalo is probably still alive in Breaking Bad, but might be in prison or just stays in Mexico running things. At any rate, Lalo has to be alive at least at this point in Breaking Bad where Saul is afraid.

Pew, pew, pew!

Actually, true. Although Saul screams things out of fear, Breaking Bad has also told us that he knew very little about Mike’s main job, and especially who he works for (“I know a guy who knows a guy who… knows another guy” :chicken:). Which means there is a certain level of disconnect between what Saul actually knows and fact, whether willingly or not (the less you know the safer you are, etc).

What we do know for sure is that Gus is very much the top dog in the ABQ scene post-Saul, runs the operation as the Cartel’s biggest arm in ABQ. We also know that the main Salamanca who still operates in that area by the time Heisenberg pops up is Tuco. Which tells us two things; 1) Given we know how the Dons at the Cartel feel about Tuco and how the Salamanca family is structured, if there should be a ranking Salamanca running things, it’d be Lalo (especially since Hector is out of commission), and 2) There is no way one of them lives to see the other survive with how season 5 ended, much less have one of them (the Chicken man) basically rule over the ABQ empire.

Which means the only plausible answers are either that Lalo and Nacho are a) dead, b) permanently incapacitated, or c) forever exiled.

Or incarcerated. Lalo has to be out of the picture, but Saul seems to think Lalo could still possibly hurt him. It’s a conundrum. Nacho is toast I think, and Saul’s comment in the desert wouldn’t conflict with that.

When are you guys gonna get your own Better Watch Sal thread soon?

I’m asking for a friend.

2 Likes