What TV are you watching (2020)?

I enjoyed season 2 of Narcos Mexico although the last couple of episodes kind of petered out with Miguel seeming to shrink in stature as the government closed in on him. I guess there’s not much more to say when the kingpin gets sentenced to 37 years in prison and is actually put away. I did learn something about Mexico in the 80s and 90s which was interesting for me. Yes there are some brutal scenes , by all accounts drug mafia in Mexico are that brutal I guess.

1 Like

I feel like it’s picking up a bit as it goes, but haven’t got to the last couple yet.

I started Succession and the characters are too obnoxious so I’m quitting.

2 Likes

And I thought it was me. I only made it thru 1 1/2 episodes. That show should have had so much more style.

Since finishing Narcos: Mexico (which was only good for 2 stars) I rewatched Narcos. That show is so good I’m looking to buy on DVD.

Now, binging Star Trek Voyager thanks to @Poagao

3 Likes

I think it’s well-acted and really funny, it’s just that the characters are such insufferable cunts, especially the father.

However, since I started The Americans which is dark and depressing af, I will most likely finish Succession after I’m done with The Americans. It’s like a light comedy in comparison.

1 Like

Insufferable cunts is perfect descriptor for the kids. I liked the father.

But I couldn’t understand why as rich as they were/are why they perpetually dressed like slobs. At least the daughter should have been stylish. This NYC rich we’re talking about. :smirk:

I’m watching that South Korean zombie show on Netflix ‘Kingdom.’ Seems appropriate for the time.

5 Likes

I’ve been avoiding that show like the plague since it popped up on Netflix last year.

The premise was overreaching for me. Now, I’m thinking predictive programing?? :thinking: :joy::joy:

1 Like

Probably because you only watched 1.5 episodes because he is disgusting (though I can see this kind of character being liked by certain fans).

I agree about the kids being insufferable cunts. They are so annoying.

1 Like

It’s okay. Not high art or anything. Kinda predictable zombie plague/ court intrigue drama, but the Korean historical context distinguishes it.

2 Likes

So they did have zombies pre-split and Japanese colonization?? :thinking::thinking:

1 Like
1 Like

Crazy thought, is it possible Kim was actually with Saul throughout the Breaking Bad years and maybe even now?

2 Likes

Bad news for ‘Fargo’ fans. Due to the current situation which shall-not-be-named in this innocent thread, the premiere of season 4 (originally for April) has been delayed indefinitely.

1 Like

Supernatural filming of its last season was also halted due to the Shall Not Be Mentioned. Fans are doing a signature drive for the ending to become a movie.

1 Like

“Several TV shows brought back their rentals,” said Novak, 61. In one day, he had three cancellations. “That was very unusual. Last week my business was down 50%. I’ll be lucky if I even make half of that this week. I’m looking at a loss of $500,000 in revenue. I’m not even sure if I’ll have any business next week.”

Curb Your Enthusiasm.

Jon Hamm becomes Larry David s10e08. Funny stuff.

1 Like

Psst … there’s a 2020 thread. Mods, maybe lock this one?

1 Like