What TV shows are you watching (2021)?

I wish they would have quit at the end if season 1.

I fear a great show is going to turn stupid fast. I hope I’m wrong.

1 Like

Locke and Key season 2 on Netflix.
Binged it in one day.

The allure of the almighty dollar has ruined many shows by forcing them past their natural end point.

So that’s a thumbs up.

1 Like

I enjoyed “Maid” on Netflix
Very gritty and dramatic

Finished Squid Game. The last 3 episodes just seemed like filling time stretching out a boring ending. Generally sucked in my opinion.

The new Curb is good so far. Last episode was top notch. Patten Oswald was in it.

2 Likes

Parks and Recreation

Watched the first few episodes of season 1. Amy Poehler’s voice is irritating like broken glass on my eardrums, and the dry humor is too dry and predictable.

I hope it gets better because this show gets great reviews.

I love Parks and Rec. Bought it on iTunes and I’m on my second time through it.

And I’ve never watched the first season, because most of what I read says not to bother and that it’s totally unlike what the show became. I like the second season; I love third season on.

1 Like

Never watched, but Aubrey Plaza alone should make it watchable.

2 Likes

She is a riot+.

Funny line in the beginning of season 1 episode 3.

“This is our preteen nature walk program”.

“It used to be a teenager walk program, but one of the girls got pregnant”.

1 Like

Curb Your Enthusiasm

Watched the first 3 episodes current season 11. Episode 1 is especially classic great and I watched it twice, so much funny, couch plopper, glass door twice, Lucy Liu, dropping kids off at the pool, 3 stooges, “you tapped the door, you’re never going to tap her”, “eating those leftover tacos”, Mary Ferguson advertising

I loved the end of E1 with Mary Ferguson and the Latina actress, she’s funny. Keyla Monterroso Mejia

Billions

Is back after a year hiatus. Great show and some memoriable moments.

Succession

1 Like

I’m five or six episodes into Cowboy Bebop, original animated series, on Netflix Taiwan. A small group of bounty hunters roam the solar system. Apparently one of the most well-regarded of the Japanese anime; from 1998. Great music and brilliant opening credits, good visuals, story beats that I sometimes feel like I’m missing perhaps due to subtitles or unfamiliarity with the genre - or maybe they’re plot hooks for future episodes. Those moments of “Did I miss something explaining this, or am I not supposed to understand this until it’s explained later?”

Lots of cool flashback moments for me with the style and sound, echoing I think Star Blazers / Space Battleship Yamato when I was a kid. Oh, maybe Nausicaa or other Ghibli films as well - things that are probably genre conventions that are still newish for me.

1 Like

Now that is something I would pay good money for. To see Mazinger the original again. Ultraman. Kimba. Space Battleship Yamato. Heck Heidi.

Candy Candy I got the DVD. See it one a year.

Netflix Taiwan has the Ghibli stuff.

2 Likes

Never heard of Arcane but… Time to give it a look.

IMDB rating 9.4

Whoa :open_mouth: