What TV shows are you watching (2021)?

‘Love on the Spectrum’ … trying to match-make people with Autism. A much more tolerable, charming and real dating show than shit like ‘The Bachelor’ or that one where everyone wears a mask. On Netflix.

I liked that for a bit. I was on a serial killer mindset during COVID for some odd reason. Hannibal was way better.

This is pretty good.

1 Like

New Masters of the Universe remake on Netflix. Pretty good remake.

1 Like

Watched the 9 episodes of Squid Game, Netflix series, yesterday, it was very entertaining, I recommend.

Good reviews.

2 Likes

It’s a TV series, not a movie though…

1 Like

British TV series are often short- typically the stars and writers want to go on to something else.
Fawlty Towers, voted the best British comedy of all time, only lasted 12 episodes; Monty Python, stretched four years/forty-five episodes, but John Cleese wanted to quit after the second year, and did so after the third. Blackadder, which also starred Rowan Atkinson, ran 24 episodes over six years. The Office ran two seasons, 14 episodes in the British edition; the American version went on for nine seasons, 201 episodes.

The UK Office is also far superior to its overly sentimental and soapy American counterpart.

Mare of Easttown - I’m on episode 2 now and so far it’s really good.

1 Like

I finished it. It was very good. Kate Winslet’s career best work.

The North Water.

19th century whalers in a brutal journey to the frozen north. Great performances and spectacular on-location scenery, shot in the Svalbard islands. Colin Farrell is literally a beast. Strong recommendation.

1 Like

Also, know how many representations of the past have most characters espouse ahistorically modern values?

This is definitely not the case here, 19th century life is shown as nasty, brutish and short.

Squid Game. It’s kinda crazy. I’m only on Ep 3 so no spoilers.

Squid Game

Wasn’t interested in watching, couldn’t sleep, watched 2 episodes at 3am.

Enjoying it even thought acting is bad, and script isn’t great which might be a translation issue.

1 Like

I watched it almost a month ago before it blew up. I thought the main character’s acting was quite good actually (Gi-Hun?), but the Americans later in the series… yeah, not great. It was a fun show, but the hype is a bit out of control at this point. I would give it like an 8 out of 10 or so.

2 Likes

The episode with the marbles was pretty good imo

2 Likes

Squid Game: Please post no visible spoilers.

Finished episode 6.

A couple of the episodes and even other parts were boring but the last part of episode 6 was good.

Three more episodes to go.

Ep 6 is indeed the undisputed top one of the series.

Can see why ep 6 is a top episode. Familiar faces are being affected. But that’s all I’ll say.